Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossbows.
1 July 2012, 15:12,
Crossbows.
Just found this site, hope its of interest to some of you: http://www.bcstore.co.uk/Hunting-Crossbo...ws-s/1.htm
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 July 2012, 16:09,
RE: Crossbows.
(1 July 2012, 15:12)bigpaul Wrote: Just found this site, hope its of interest to some of you: http://www.bcstore.co.uk/Hunting-Crossbo...ws-s/1.htm

Thank you Paul thats a new one for me, and good brand names.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
1 July 2012, 16:27,
I keep umming and ahhing about buying one. But the legality of hunting or even pest control puts me off. Of course tomorrow the world will end as we know it and I will wish I bought one when Im defending my food with a hand full of sand and a baseball bat.

There are a few good deals there on actual low end/good quality starter sets that tempt me.
1 July 2012, 16:45,
i was put off crossbows a long time ago..i thought they were too much bother....and after a certain member had a serious accident trying to cock one..i think i was right....however there are some interesting knives on that site too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 July 2012, 17:33,
My big brand new only cocked a few time Crossbow kit is up for sale.

This one is mine, but mine including 20 bolts, spare strings and five prods of 95 and 150 draw.

£135.

Collect only.
NR

1 July 2012, 21:17,
I'm seriously considering one of these as my next "big" purchase:
http://www.crossbows4u.co.uk/#/talon-exc...4539171787

I really like the fact that they're designed to fire ball bearings aswell as bolts. Seems ideal for a post SHTF scenario
1 July 2012, 22:18,
(1 July 2012, 21:17)HunterNurturer Wrote: I'm seriously considering one of these as my next "big" purchase:
http://www.crossbows4u.co.uk/#/talon-exc...4539171787

I really like the fact that they're designed to fire ball bearings aswell as bolts. Seems ideal for a post SHTF scenario

I have looked into them twice and even spoke to the site owner and for the cheapest option of Talon your need to spend extra £100 for the upgrade, so now we are around £500 with other bits, for crap made in china, take note there is very little interest on YouTube over the talons only the site owner you linked showing a few in action, I like the idea but I don't like the idea of cheap parts and no real guts.

If you buy one do a review.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
1 July 2012, 23:09, (This post was last modified: 1 July 2012, 23:12 by Paul.)
I've used crossbows for years.
Never had a problem with them but friends I knew put their backs out with as little as 90lb pulls and that's truly food for thought.
I've never gone over 150lbs and always use a string cocking aid becuase of that.

My current 150lb'er gives me an accurate kill (+- 3") range of about 30 yards.
Pathetic really and it's darn hard to charge through a doorway with a cocked bow.

As for compound bows, too complex for me.
I've restringed my recurve bow using multiple strands of 100lb fishing line in the past before now.
Try doing that with a compound bow.

Besides to fling ball bearing round I prefer my slingshot.
3/8 lead ball I can happily keep shots in a 4" circle at 20 yards.

2 July 2012, 08:57,
(1 July 2012, 23:09)Paul Wrote: I've used crossbows for years.
Never had a problem with them but friends I knew put their backs out with as little as 90lb pulls and that's truly food for thought.
I've never gone over 150lbs and always use a string cocking aid becuase of that.

s.

Wish you had told me that back in February !!!!!

2 July 2012, 19:22,
(2 July 2012, 08:57)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(1 July 2012, 23:09)Paul Wrote: I've used crossbows for years.

s.

Wish you had told me that back in February !!!!!

Woops. Not nice.