Poll: Should a major event occur, how far do you have to go to your BOL?
Bugging In
Bugging Out but no destination in mind
<20 miles to BOL
20 to 50 miles to BOL
50 to 100 miles to BOL
100 to 200 miles to BOL
>200 miles to BOL
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far to Navigate to your BOL?
1 September 2011, 11:54,
How far to Navigate to your BOL?
This is sort-of navigation related in terms of understanding how far you will have to navigate to get from your day-to-day home to your Bug Out Location.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
5 September 2011, 02:20,
RE: How far to Navigate to your BOL?
i live in the country with a good geo location from most problem, but just in case i have a few scatter points with stuff there. i also have a close bol that is with in walking distance if need be, and if that fails plans for a 200miler out of the way.
failing to prepare is preparing to fail and perfect planing pevents poor perfomance always stick in my head.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
5 September 2011, 09:00,
Thats what I call planning. A plan A, B, C and D
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 September 2011, 10:45,
Bugging in but still looking to bug out if I can find somewhere suitable.
That bird house was a legitimate expense.
6 September 2011, 01:05,
my wife keeps telling me not to be over the top with caution it might never happen
i keep telling her the answer is in the might part i would hate to find out i waste a chance.
like they say make hay when the sun shines as i doesn't too aften here lol.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
6 September 2011, 08:55,
Good philosophy. It is one I follow too.

Live but put away a bit for just in case.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 September 2011, 12:28,
Where I live on the south coast it is so ridiculously over populated that finding a suitable BOL is quite a challenge. Bug-in is my preference but I don't think it is practical as, a) my house and garden are not secure enough to withstand a determined onslaught with too dodgy boundaries and too much window area, and b) my location is too close to a major city from which visitors could be expected.
I'm hoping to move home shortly and these concerns are going to play an important part of the selection.
Brian
Advice is what you seek when you know the answer but wish you didn't
15 September 2011, 12:43,
Brian,

I think that is a wise decision. Even if nothing happens your quality of life will improve anyway.

Myself I'm looking for a place not far from where I am now with a bit of land.
Skean Dhude
15 September 2011, 14:18,
Finding land without a whopping great bag of cash on hand is like finding hen's teeth down here, but my location search includes renting adjacent land. Still a challenge, but possible, and when TSHTF who will be looking at contract law and land use restrictions anyway.
Brian
Advice is what you seek when you know the answer but wish you didn't
15 September 2011, 15:58,
(15 September 2011, 14:18)Brian Wrote: my location search includes renting <snip> when TSHTF who will be looking at contract law and land use restrictions anyway.
The original owner of the land presumably, they may well want to re-negociate the deal, possibly by taking 50% of what you produce on the land or something. That's unfortunate but it still leaves you with 50% more than it will leave someone without any land (rented or otherwise).
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?