Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
man vs. tank, some nice tactics
3 July 2012, 11:37,
man vs. tank, some nice tactics
okay so im half slovene half english and i was thinking about tanks recently.

so, how would you guys take down a tank?....i have 2 methods both proven to work

method 1; do what the fins and spanish did, use molotov cocktails, half a dozen of these at a tank will cook the bastard

"We made use of "petrol bombs" roughly as follows: take a 2lb glass jam jar. Fill with petrol. Take a heavy curtain, half a blanket, or some other heavy material. Wrap this over the mouth of the jar, tie it round the neck with string, leave the ends of the material hanging free. When you want to use it have somebody standing by with a light [i.e., a source of ignition]. Put a corner of the material down in front of you, turn the bottle over so that petrol soaks out round the mouth of the bottle and drips on to this corner of the material. Turn the bottle right way up again, hold it in your right hand, most of the blanket bunched beneath the bottle, with your left hand take the blanket near the corner that is wetted with petrol. Wait for your tank. When near enough, your pal [or comrade-in-arms] lights the petrol soaked corner of the blanket. Throw the bottle and blanket as soon as this corner is flaring. (You cannot throw it far.) See that it drops in front of the tank. The blanket should catch in the tracks or in a cog-wheel, or wind itself round an axle. The bottle will smash, but the petrol should soak the blanket well enough to make a really healthy fire which will burn the rubber wheels on which the tank track runs, set fire to the carburettor or frizzle the crew. Do not play with these things. They are highly dangerous.
—Tom Wintringham, "Against Invasion – the lessons of Spain"."

method 2; do what the partizans did, find a thin windy road (they had lots of tihn mountain trails) make yourself a rock barricade then everytime the bastards get out to move the barricade, simply shoot the buggers with your crossbow Wink.....this was proven to work and was a great example of low tech guerilla mountain warfare against a much larger and better equipped force.

method 3; run like a bastard.
3 July 2012, 16:52,
RE: man vs. tank, some nice tactics
In urban areas. which are ideal for immobilizing armour, just drop a molotov/napalm cocktail onto the rear deck/engine covers of armoured vehicles. Otherwise, satchel charges from close cover or blackpowder expedient warheads with an inverted cone charge launched at closeish range with an expedient launcher. Damn effective!Big Grin
3 July 2012, 16:56,
(3 July 2012, 16:52)Timelord Wrote: In urban areas. which are ideal for immobilizing armour, just drop a molotov/napalm cocktail onto the rear deck/engine covers of armoured vehicles. Otherwise, satchel charges from close cover or blackpowder expedient warheads with an inverted cone charge launched at closeish range with an expedient launcher. Damn effective!Big Grin

why do you sound like your talking from experience o.O
3 July 2012, 16:58,
That's me in the picture!lol
3 July 2012, 17:02,
i think if i met a tank i'd run like b##gery in the opposite direction.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2012, 17:05,
same here BP just have to out run you mateSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 July 2012, 17:07,
(3 July 2012, 17:05)Barneyboy Wrote: same here BP just have to out run you mateSmile

that wouldn't be hard mate, i dont run period and i've got flat feetBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2012, 17:09,
i think petrol bombs wood be the way to go cheap easy to come by add some styrafoam cups to make it stick but very nasty way to go Sad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 July 2012, 18:30,
Guys, I'm closing this thread. I've requested before about people posting topics that make us look like a right wing anti government group. Which we are.

Tanks are owned by one group only. This can only be tajken in a negative light.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin