Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas/Gaz cylinders.
3 July 2012, 12:28,
Gas/Gaz cylinders.
have spent much of yesterday and today trying to get hold of an empty GAZ cylinder(904/907 with the thread in the top) so that i dont have to pay the very expensive deposit, i have been told by 2 of my local recycling centres that they are no longer allowed to resell these to the public, i wondered if anyone else has come up against this particular problem??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2012, 12:32,
RE: Gas/Gaz cylinders.
(3 July 2012, 12:28)bigpaul Wrote: have spent much of yesterday and today trying to get hold of an empty GAZ cylinder(904/907 with the thread in the top) so that i dont have to pay the very expensive deposit, i have been told by 2 of my local recycling centres that they are no longer allowed to resell these to the public, i wondered if anyone else has come up against this particular problem??

What bollocks they are telling you, most of our recycling centers will gladly GIVE you a bottle, I've got six 7 KG blue prop bottles and everyone was given by the copuncil workies at our recyc centers.

Mind you we have so many gypos and travellers around here you can usually find em abandoned in most laybys.

3 July 2012, 12:57,
904 Cylinder Empty - without Gas (srp about £45!)
£35.95

907 Cylinder Empty - without Gas (srp about £50!)
£41.95

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk...stoves.htm

They're the smaller ones. If you were after a 15kg one I have 3 of those sat around, could have passed one your way.
3 July 2012, 13:17,
(3 July 2012, 12:57)00111001 Wrote: 99904
904 Cylinder Empty - without Gas (srp about £45!)
£35.95

907 Cylinder Empty - without Gas (srp about £50!)
£41.95

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk...stoves.htm

They're the smaller ones. If you were after a 15kg one I have 3 of those sat around, could have passed one your way.
thanks Binary & NR, i tried 3 of my local recycling centres, 1 would have sold me a cylinder but didnt have any, the other 2 said they couldnt sell me one period, i'm after one of the above that Binary mentioned as i have had them before(ditched the old cylinder 3 years ago when we moved-what an idiot) their too big for backpacking but just the right size for a brew in the back of the car.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2012, 18:10, (This post was last modified: 3 July 2012, 18:15 by Hrusai.)
(3 July 2012, 13:17)bigpaul Wrote: thanks Binary & NR, i tried 3 of my local recycling centres, 1 would have sold me a cylinder but didnt have any, the other 2 said they couldnt sell me one period, i'm after one of the above that Binary mentioned as i have had them before(ditched the old cylinder 3 years ago when we moved-what an idiot) their too big for backpacking but just the right size for a brew in the back of the car.

we got a few if ya need Smile....at very least i think we got one, ill just go and check, from memory i think its one of those big calor gas ones
yeah we got an empty calor gas butane 15kg one in the garden, bit mossy but looks alright xD
3 July 2012, 19:57,
The calor gas depot in Poole leaves any bottles that are not their own outside the door for anyone to help themselves. Luck of the draw whats there at any time.
There may be a calor depot near you that does the same.
4 July 2012, 11:40,
(3 July 2012, 19:57)Dorset Lad Wrote: The calor gas depot in Poole leaves any bottles that are not their own outside the door for anyone to help themselves. Luck of the draw whats there at any time.
thanks for that, i'll try that but i've got to find the depot's first, we live in the middle of the countryside and nearest places seem to be 25 miles away.
4 July 2012, 11:45,
(4 July 2012, 11:40)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 July 2012, 19:57)Dorset Lad Wrote: The calor gas depot in Poole leaves any bottles that are not their own outside the door for anyone to help themselves. Luck of the draw whats there at any time.
thanks for that, i'll try that but i've got to find the depot's first, we live in the middle of the countryside and nearest places seem to be 25 miles away.

BP take the mutt for a walk around the carvan parks in your area, very often campers using tents who use GAZ bottles abadon them when empty rather that taking them home.

4 July 2012, 11:52,
(4 July 2012, 11:45)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(4 July 2012, 11:40)bigpaul Wrote:

BP take the mutt for a walk around the carvan parks in your area, very often campers using tents who use GAZ bottles abadon them when empty rather that taking them home.
thanks NR i'll give that a try.
22 July 2012, 15:45,
been to Bude car boot this afternoon, picked up the (empty) Gaz bottle i was looking for....cost me......£2! RESULT!!Big Grin