Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help NR, What is the shortest full power air rifle you know?
4 July 2012, 17:12,
Help NR, What is the shortest full power air rifle you know?
OK guys how many of you who know of good quality very short air rifles or carbines, I already know about the Ultra from BSA but what else is there???
NR

4 July 2012, 18:05,
RE: Help NR, What is the shortest full power air rifle you know?
Crossman Ratcatcher is a short air rifle, i know its not full power but i think i've heard on youtube or somewhere that they can be beefed up...just a thought.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 July 2012, 18:39,
Forget CO2 driven types. Think about when the shops run out of CO2 bulblets.
Besides cold greatly affects their efficency (power).

If you want short barrels you should go spring power but with your bad back, it's probably better to go pre-charged pneumatic (PCP).
PCP air are considerably lighter than spring types but short barrels lose power (unless you choose a bullpup model.)

Cautionary thought.
New models of PCP are fitted with anti tamper screws which would stop a totally unscrupulous person from adjusting the power to FAC power i.e. over 12ft lbs. Older models haven't got them as standard though. Still not being a criminal type that wouldn't matter to you.
Some folk just E-ZE out the screws and replace them.

The Airforce Talon SS is brilliant if you have the money.
It can come in 0.25 cal. and has a 12 inch barrel.
A totally unscrupulus person would then order a new regulator ($68 + tax + p&p) from the states so you can dial up 30ft lbs plus at a turn of a wheel (not unlike a gas regulator on a SLR).

Of course that would be illegal if you didn't hold a firearms certificate and I wouldn't have a clue where to look on >>>>>>>utube<<<<<< how to do that.

4 July 2012, 19:28,
Cut down the stock & barrel and you have a carbine. Include a folding stock and it is even more portable.