Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Banner
5 July 2012, 14:43,
RE: Site Banner
(5 July 2012, 14:18)bigpaul Wrote: if we were going to have a badge, i'd vote for NR's Greyman...just cos i think that sums it all up more than crossbows or guns.

I find this post funny Paul and I don't mean any disrespect, it’s just funny that a badge made for the "Greyman" it kind of defeats the meaning of it all.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
5 July 2012, 14:46,
(5 July 2012, 14:43)WetandCold Wrote:
(5 July 2012, 14:18)bigpaul Wrote: if we were going to have a badge, i'd vote for NR's Greyman...just cos i think that sums it all up more than crossbows or guns.

I find this post funny Paul and I don't mean any disrespect, it’s just funny that a badge made for the "Greyman" it kind of defeats the meaning of it all.
i dont see how it defeats the meaning my friend, i think it sums it all up, but maybe thats just me, i do tend to have a different point of view to most, thats what got me banned from a couple of sites!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 July 2012, 14:51,
We can only be Gray to a certain degree, we satill need some discrete method of tagging each other ( if we wish) at shows, gatherings meets etc, Many yanks use permutations of the Molon Labe badge to identify kindred spirits, we need something similar, .... Or do we?

5 July 2012, 14:59,
(5 July 2012, 14:51)NorthernRaider Wrote: We can only be Gray to a certain degree, we satill need some discrete method of tagging each other ( if we wish) at shows, gatherings meets etc, Many yanks use permutations of the Molon Labe badge to identify kindred spirits, we need something similar, .... Or do we?

I do agree with the Grey man thinking but it is near on impossible to be a member of such a forum and then be regarded Grey man.

As for a need for a badge or patch that can be turned against us.
5 July 2012, 15:50,
(5 July 2012, 14:59)WetandCold Wrote: ]

I do agree with the Grey man thinking but it is near on impossible to be a member of such a forum and then be regarded Grey man.

As for a need for a badge or patch that can be turned against us.

Oh I agree theres definately pros and cons but the primary objective of Gray man is not to be completely invisible cos thats impossible, but to be very low profile. so if say we go to the Wilderness Gathering where fellow preppers may be, a small patch with an incon on our kit known in the community that could be pinned to your sleeve or velcroed to your rucksack IF you wish to touch base with other preppers is not a bad thing.

After all none of us are going to wear prepper labels if we were bugging out of town if TSHTF

5 July 2012, 16:10,
hell yeah, its not exactly going to be common knowledge is it? mainly members of this forum, who knows it may spread somewhat, but its only going to signify being a prepper, nothing more, nothing less.....anyway it would be cool to see it about and just smirk to yourself.....so personally i think its perfectly in keeping with being a gray man, its not shouting out, but quietly stating, much as we do.
5 July 2012, 16:31,
yep thats right we wood be visable to other grey men or person cant see the harm sheeple will have no idea wot they mean if the SHTF sooner than later i for one wood like to no if any like minded are aboutSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 July 2012, 17:41,
I mean it does not have to even be a cloth patch, it could be something as simple as a lapel pin with " P " on it, its just a tag to help us spot others like uis at public events, and ONLY if we wish to.

5 July 2012, 21:46,
(5 July 2012, 16:10)Hrusai Wrote: anyway it would be cool to see it about and just smirk to yourself.....

They do this badge thing at my kid’s infant school, in fact most schools have a badge, are we not grown-ups? do you really need a badge, because it might look cool, give me a break.Rolleyes

If you have arranged to meet some other prepper use your mobiles, I am sure your find each other.

5 July 2012, 22:12,
(5 July 2012, 21:46)WetandCold Wrote: They do this badge thing at my kid’s infant school, in fact most schools have a badge, are we not grown-ups? do you really need a badge, because it might look cool, give me a break.Rolleyes

If you have arranged to meet some other prepper use your mobiles, I am sure your find each other.

Woah whats with the sudden outburst of hosility ?? Huh