Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDC gloves
6 July 2012, 12:48,
EDC gloves
So what type of gloves do you EDc when neccessary?

I had a pair of Northern Ireland issue leather gloves for years with the foam rubber pad replace with a small bag of lead shot which was fashionable amongst troops for a few years.

I then tried some early unbranded American made tactical gloves but they fell apart after one winter so now i use Kona Cycling gloves oddly enough cos they offer good protection from friction, modest protect from cold but dont affect the tactile sense needed for shooting

So what gloves do you EDC and watcha fancy, I think those Mechanix wear tactical gloves have potential.

6 July 2012, 18:15,
RE: EDC gloves
(6 July 2012, 12:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: So what gloves do you EDC and watcha fancy, I think those Mechanix wear tactical gloves have potential.

i hate restrictions on movement or vision or anything...probly why i hardly ever even wear a hood xD....so i always sway towards fingerless gloves...im planning on buying a pair of these in the next week or so

http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/rk...loves.html

long as it gets a snug fit and impedes my dexterity as little as is physically possible then its A-ok in my book
6 July 2012, 18:20,
i generally buy gloves from local markets and car boots, anything that will do the job thats cheap!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2012, 22:38,
Beware those Kevlar gloves. The yellow ones available are actually liners. I kept looking at a pair of mine and wondering just how much bulk they would add as liners because they are not be warm enough on their own. Months later - I took my sharp knife and cut v.slowly and gently with only modest pressure on a glove across the heel of my left thumb. The fabric initially resisted the blade but after cutting along for just under 2 centimetres, the blade sliced through the kevlar. Luckily I think it was double layered, but at this point I was not going to complete the draw. From this destructive test, I now know the true protection offered by these kevlar gloves & it is minimal. Maybe better against abraision for motorcyclists, but not much use against a cut or slash. certainly no use against a point. For me, the bulk and hinderence of wearing them has to be set against their protective value. Unfortnately, both sides of the equation are negative and in this instance that does not make a plus! I believe they are a just a marketing ploy and their only real value is psychological and that again may be to your detriment. Photo's can be supplied for proof, but I would not post this if it were not true. Good thicker leather gloves or armoured gloves may be the best option. Obviously handling of any equipment needs to be considered in relation to bulk and dexterity of the glove. Also the glove does not want to hold water or in winter the cooling effect will be a serious problem. As for Sealskinz gloves etc, if you look on cyclists forums you will find quite a few negative reviews on them for letting in water at the seams and that is from new. Gloves are actually one of the most complex items of clothing to manufacture and more importantly to get right. Without full dexterity in your hands, you will be to some degree compromised in functionality. Cheaper gloves come made with webs that cross between the fingers and do not allow full finger articulation. Better quality gloves are sized to your hand and even sometimes finger length. Hands are one very important tool in survival. protect them well. Regards, TL.
29 September 2012, 19:12,
Wish I got sap gloves a few years ago,the ones in the shops are flimsy bits of foam/padding. Dont look upto much and they look horrible.
29 September 2012, 20:27,
I use the B&Q heavy duty work gloves

pj
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it