Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossbow bolts and arrows
6 July 2012, 13:31,
Crossbow bolts and arrows
Apart from our in house genius W & C who appears to like making his own bolts, those of us lesser mortals who have bows and x bows what is your normal choice of bolt / arrow

EG me being skint I use the Armex bolts both 14 and 17 inch I can get cheap from places like Ronnnie Sunshines. Nylon flights on alloy tube with steel arrow head.

So what do you folks use?

6 July 2012, 16:06,
RE: Crossbow bolts and arrows
I tend to lean towards a larger quantity of cheaper arrows rather than fewer more expensive ones. My thinking is that I'm as likely to loose them as break them.
Also in a siege situation where I'm firing warning shots (I'd never fire an arrow at someone, that would be dangerous officer) I don't want to run out and have to go out into the angry crowd to ask for them back! Tongue
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
6 July 2012, 17:19,
i buy wooden 30inch arrows on ebay, current price for 10 £12.99 +p&p.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2012, 17:51,
i use dowel, bits of milk carton and six inch nails mwahahahha

to be honest i barely ever use my crossbow, its pretty ancient, was me grandads, he used to shoot through metal with it xD, its pretty badass Smile...last thing i shot was a pencil which broke some persons window o.O
6 July 2012, 18:15,
(6 July 2012, 13:31)NorthernRaider Wrote: Apart from our in house genius W & C who appears to like making his own bolts, those of us lesser mortals who have bows and x bows what is your normal choice of bolt / arrow

EG me being skint I use the Armex bolts both 14 and 17 inch I can get cheap from places like Ronnnie Sunshines. Nylon flights on alloy tube with steel arrow head.

So what do you folks use?

I got lucky the company sent me more tents then I ordered and it seems they don't care to much about it, so I have now got 112 carbon rods extra, I was planning on offering a few sets to members here to try, you was top of list as was SD as I know your both into crossbows, just have to wait until I have built my work shop, so I can get working on projects, give me a few months, its well under way just will take a while.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
6 July 2012, 18:52,
(6 July 2012, 18:15)WetandCold Wrote: I got lucky the company sent me more tents then I ordered and it seems they don't care to much about it, so I have now got 112 carbon rods extra, I was planning on offering a few sets to members here to try, you was top of list as was SD as I know your both into crossbows, just have to wait until I have built my work shop, so I can get working on projects, give me a few months, its well under way just will take a while.

you use tent rods? interesting....i'd be intrigued to hear your process on making thems Smile

7 July 2012, 00:29,
after some consideration to crossbows, it got me thinking crossbows have alot that can go wrong, so started looking at a basic bow and found this....

http://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/cyclope-r...ow-62.html

as from normal bows, this one is for both left and right handed people, so multi use is good. Has a bow raiser, that the arrow is safer for beginers as the arrow cannot slip (also good in bad conditions).
Also off use as it breaks down, so easy to store and hide
7 July 2012, 08:07,
nice bow and a lot cheaper than some i have seen, i have a Slazenger bow which i bought in Cheddar market for £25, i also have a somewhat antique blue bow..no name on it, which i have yet to restring which i bought in a car boot for £2 the guy selling it didnt know what it was..i dont think he even knew it was a bow!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 July 2012, 13:54,
thats cool, i think alot of bows have good points. The thing i liked about the bow was has a thing to stop arrows slipping, so it makes good for even a novice. The other problem with bows are they are built for left or right. And that bow is for both so saves money buying for more then one person, i will buy 2 of them risers, and limbs of differant sizes, just incase i meet up with others who cannot draw as much as other and the hight differance. Having back problems i have found this bow perfect when i went to an archery club and great for the cost Smile