Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye bye fleece, hello soft shell
6 July 2012, 14:01,
Bye bye fleece, hello soft shell
My family has been steadily changing to soft shell when our fleece jackets wore out and I must admit will this crap summer we are having I think we did the right thing.
I still have fleece hoodies for most of the family to wear mid layer, but the extra bit of protection you get from soft shells make it worth while.

We didnt go out and buy the popular tactical soft shells one sees advertised, mine was a Dare2Be black Soft shell that was on offer in Mountain Warehouse for £20, and the sons and wifes are the basic soft shells from Regatta and both love em, though wifey reckons the girls versions should be cut wider around the hips.

I like the affordability of Regatta kit and its still pretty pucker kit as well.

6 July 2012, 14:59,
RE: Bye bye fleece, hello soft shell
i wear hoodies most of the time, if its raining i wear my Barbour jacket, in my GHB i've got an ex army poncho with a hood, 1 size ...fits nobody, i look like a Yetti in camouflage but it does the trick. colder weather i've got 2 camo jackets..1 unlined for general use...the other lined for winter use.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 July 2012, 17:10,
RE: Bye bye fleece, hello soft shell
hoodies! you yobbo BP xD

i just wear my ex army parka all year round, if its too hot i take out the fleecy lining, otherwise its amazing, i look like a hobo(especialy with fingerless woolen gloves), but i dont care, ive been wearing the same 20 quid jacket since i was 14 Big Grin

other than that its just a hoody xD