Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new play on shipping container homes
7 July 2012, 22:14,
A new play on shipping container homes
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/04/tech/b...hpt=hp_bn7

7 July 2012, 22:54,
RE: A new play on shipping container homes
I think these non traditional houses are great, can you imagine the hoops your local council would make you jump through to get planning permission? That's if you'd get it.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
7 July 2012, 22:59,
I was chatting to a shop owner up Teesdale today and she lives in a static caravan round the back of her parents house up the the hills some place, I expressed concern as to her heating bill costs and how she stayed warm in the winter even in a caravan fitted with a winterisation kit. She said it was easily sorted , each october her dad stacked the bails of hay used to feed the animals like a false wall around the sides of her mobile home. She said no wind gets past a haybail wall !!!

8 July 2012, 10:07,

There's some great ideas for alternative building materials out there. Using tyres filled with earth, straw bales, sand bags. I just wish instead of giving these money grubbing building companies the opportunity to build substandard or expensive 'executive' homes the councils would give the average Joe Bloggs the chance to have his own house built in materials of his choice! But then I s'pose they wouldn't get their nice foreign holidays would they?
Oh silly me.... that's sense talking can't have any of that.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
8 July 2012, 10:36,
OOOOH dont talk about rammed earth houses Smile, My dream girl movie start from my misguided youth was Kaki Hunter ( Wendy Williams out of Porkies) and she now builds rammed earth home for a living in Utah, In her 50s now and still beautiful.

8 July 2012, 20:00,
NR, I remember her but I liked Kim Cattrall. She is the same age and still yummy too.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 July 2012, 20:22,
(8 July 2012, 20:00)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR, I remember her but I liked Kim Cattrall. She is the same age and still yummy too.

Kim Catrall???, Kim Catrall you mean LASSIE Smile Owoooooooh

29 October 2012, 11:40,
Are pics allowed? Just wanna say this dood seems to have got his shite together nicely, i think it's Canada-
[Image: cab062.jpg]
29 October 2012, 11:51,
(29 October 2012, 11:40)Navigator Wrote: Are pics allowed? Just wanna say this dood seems to have got his shite together nicely, i think it's Canada-
[Image: cab062.jpg]

bloody nice..i want it!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2012, 11:56,
Theres a company only two miles from me who have these winterised ISO container site cabins, I'll have to check it out more.