Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connunications update following Polls:
7 October 2012, 14:31,
RE: Connunications update following Polls:
Good for you. A solid decision.
Welcome to the biggest unofficial, unlicensed club in the world.
A quick thought though.
Buy from a car boot and you may only get a 40 channel set.
The modern CB sets are county code selectable giving you a wide range of choices.
The reason why I mention that is you'll probably be calling out on channel 9 for emergencies or channel 14 /19 for general chatter.
A multi-country set will allow you to work both pan European / American channels and the most "exclusive" UK ones.

7 October 2012, 15:21,
Yup my Intek H520 has hundreds of CB channels for all of Europe in both AM and FM, and it does one of the ham bands as well.

7 October 2012, 16:01,
cheers Paul , yes at least an 80 channel new rig i think and maybe new too ! ? the car boot pending thing is cos il have to do at least 1 to get some "spare" cash to buy a CB .! the saying round this part of the UK is "bones of me fucking arse "
8 October 2012, 08:27,
(7 October 2012, 15:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yup my Intek H520 has hundreds of CB channels for all of Europe in both AM and FM, and it does one of the ham bands as well.

Take it you did the modification to it then?

8 October 2012, 08:45,
I have the same transceiver as this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53I1CQLM_Ws topped off with an Antron 99 in the shed, along with a couple of marine band ones. Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 08:58, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 08:59 by NorthernRaider.)
(8 October 2012, 08:27)Paul Wrote:
(7 October 2012, 15:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yup my Intek H520 has hundreds of CB channels for all of Europe in both AM and FM, and it does one of the ham bands as well.

Yarp, dead complicated as well, take off battery cover, remove batteries, cut link, put batteries back ,yader yader yader Smile
(8 October 2012, 08:45)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I have the same transceiver as this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53I1CQLM_Ws topped off with an Antron 99 in the shed, along with a couple of marine band ones. Smile

I think our friend Light Speed has an Albrecht, I use the 2 ft long aerial from albrecht on my Intek.

8 October 2012, 09:38,

(8 October 2012, 08:58)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 08:27)Paul Wrote:

Yarp, dead complicated as well, take off battery cover, remove batteries, cut link, put batteries back ,yader yader yader Smile
(8 October 2012, 08:45)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I have the same transceiver as this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53I1CQLM_Ws topped off with an Antron 99 in the shed, along with a couple of marine band ones. Smile

I think our friend Light Speed has an Albrecht, I use the 2 ft long aerial from albrecht on my Intek.

HI NR and BB Yep I have the same Albrecht, which I operate on hilltops topped off with antennas like this:    

Cool

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2012, 10:05, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 10:06 by NorthernRaider.)
How the f*** do you telescope that down to fit in your inside pocket ? Smile
HEY LS did you ever post that wire aerial thingy to me????
NR

8 October 2012, 10:14, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 10:17 by Lightspeed.)
(8 October 2012, 10:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: How the f*** do you telescope that down to fit in your inside pocket ? Smile
HEY LS did you ever post that wire aerial thingy to me????
NR

Telescope it? what do you mean?

Telecopic would be a good .... it'll overcome the many comments of "you'll have someone's eye out withthat"

Bloody difficult manoevering the car with that strapped on the roof rack too....its kind of like an automotive charging-horse!

AngelAngelAngel

Yep wire thingey packaged and sent two days after we spoke my friend. (but I was sending it to you from abroad. If no sign by end of month PM me and I'll send you another.

LS
Actually it telescopes well and fits into the side drinks mesh on my day bag and is held in place with compresion straps.

The system is very light and works brilliantly either as a 5/8th vertical, 1/2 wave vertical, elevated 1/4wave ground plane or as a simpleinverted v dipole.

LS (keeping its simple as that's all I can understand)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2012, 10:23,
Thanks LS, it never arrived and none of my neighbours got it either.