Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connunications update following Polls:
4 October 2012, 21:53,
RE: Connunications update following Polls:
(4 October 2012, 15:38)Lightspeed Wrote:
(4 October 2012, 15:25)PrepperJohn Wrote: Thanks LS

I am enjoying it.I have only been on air for a few weeks so it is all very new. I have signed up for the intermediate course which will hopefully be in February next year.

I am learning morse at the moment because I want to explore qrp and building my own equipment etc

Ham equipment is so expensive.

Hi PJ,

Yes ham gear ( the proper stuff) is extremely expensive.

Re Morse, its a good skill to have. Find yourself an enthusiastic Ham to help you learning.... I'm not very proficient but good enough to manage some quick QRP contacts on home built kit.... I would not have achieved even this low level of skill without the encouragement and advice of a mentor.

It too late for this year, but have a look at the RSGB backpacker competition. I used to take part in this with a 30 year old Yaesu FT 290 Mk1 2.5w contacts to Scotland and Central Europe through home made portable yagi antennas are a real thrill.......The prepping element to this is that its great cover for going onto the hills to test equipment and operating methods in the real world......that experience continues to benefit me to this day. Getting sensitive electronica to work consistently in wet, windy and cold conditions is a great challenge. ( the Summits On The Air SOTA program is equally good in this respect)

When you have rigs that can operate on 40m and 80m CW let us know as there are a number of folk on this forum who are gearing up for low power CW operations as part of their preps. When we have sufficient number we will be able to start regular CWtraining nets as part of establishing part of the Prepper communications network.

72 de

LS

I am thinking about building a Foxx-3 but I am struggling to find asuitable ATU.

Any suggestions?

pj
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Tdvsko - 28 September 2012, 20:02
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 28 September 2012, 20:51
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by PrepperJohn - 4 October 2012, 21:53
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:06
Morse. A dead man walking code. - by Paul - 30 October 2012, 20:33
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:45
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 16:55
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:19
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:44
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 20:35