Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bladesand bows.
15 July 2012, 08:03, (This post was last modified: 15 July 2012, 08:06 by James Jackson.)
RE: Bladesand bows.
you can only carry a knife if their is a valid reason otherwise its seen as a weapon, same with an axe. I only have knives ect in camping gear so it looks right. Boot knives are great, but until something happens i wouldnt recomend it, same as neck knives though i have one of each and a few stashed in my kit. Would recomend a neck knive and boot as they are handy if when something happens you get into a situation where you need a hidden weapon/tool
oh yes, if you get caught with a stiletto knife, flick knife or throwing weapons you will get done no ifs buts ect as you cannot show a valid reason to carry them, unlike a camping/bushknife
15 July 2012, 08:51,
I have both although I don't wear them. I consider I have more chance of being arrested for breathing loudly than I have of being attacked and being injured or killed. So risk mitigation says I leave my protection behind.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 July 2012, 09:20,
i wear a belt knife all the time, i never know when i'm going to need one( for legal purposes) but you would never know i've got one because of the way i dress and i dont go waving it about.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 July 2012, 09:45,
In response to JJs comments someone worked out or noted that cops tend ( apart from the occasional retard) to completely multi tools with blades and swiss army knives as they are rarely viewd as being ""weapons"" and SAKS are unlikely to be the weapon of choice for Wayne Wellard and his mates. there used to be two chaps I knew who lived and worked toegther in Birmingham ( yup confirmed bachellors) both wore shirt and ties to work but but being lightweight survivalists ( the term Prepper not yet being invented back then) carried Victorinox mariners ( I Think) the long bladed lock knife with blue scales as EDC kit. So perhaps we could garner some leeway from the blue meanies if we EDCed more discrete blades when in town. I'm totally civilised myself I wear a 4 inch voyager instead of my 6 inch voyager when I go into our local metropolis but even i would downsize more if stupid enough to venture into the forbidden zone (inside the M25 Ghetto)

15 July 2012, 14:12,
personally i carry my new small sodbuster around everywhere since i got it, i use it for odd jobs and tasks, if anyone asks its just a utility tool that i use everyday, which is perfectly true, the blades under 3 inches so its uk legal to carry around, so long as a knife is under 3 inches you should be ok
15 July 2012, 15:06,
Must admit i fancy something like the 3 inch Spyderco Tenacious

15 July 2012, 15:11,
(15 July 2012, 15:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: Must admit i fancy something like the 3 inch Spyderco Tenacious

dont blame you, spyderco make some very very nice knives!...i wanna get one of those spyderco bugs for my keychain, they are so tiny xD...but also functional Big Grin
17 July 2012, 17:46,
i have just gort my order with them! I put the order in on the night of the 14th So come quick. I ordered this http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/elk-ridge...2997-p.asp
its a very small knife, that i will be having in my cooking set. Its small but very sturdy blade only measuring 3 inches long, 4mm thick and the handle 3 1/2 inches at 17 pounds with vat and delivery im very impressed! I have just odered a bigger hunting knife from them of the same brand! I know i shouldnt go on it, but the wood loods nice, and very well made. Been messing with it cut a few heavy bits of card, some wood and it was perfect. Just been sharpening it after....

All in all a great site thanks for the link
17 July 2012, 17:57,
there's some nice knives on there and fairly cheap some of them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.