Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nav aid for folks bugging out by bicycle
18 July 2012, 10:00,
Nav aid for folks bugging out by bicycle
http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/

18 July 2012, 21:44,
RE: Nav aid for folks bugging out by bicycle
Why would anyone want to bug out on a bike?
You're so exposed. You couldn't out run something like a GSD let alone cope with shotgun shot whistling in your direction.

18 July 2012, 21:50,
my bike would not be my first choice but if the roads are blocked it beats walking.
18 July 2012, 22:14,
(18 July 2012, 21:44)Paul Wrote: Why would anyone want to bug out on a bike?
You're so exposed. You couldn't out run something like a GSD let alone cope with shotgun shot whistling in your direction.

Because for some people it is the only option and for others it is their prefered option, alomst totally silent, you can do over 50 miles a day easily just about anywhere you can walk, you can also carrry far more kit with you or the same anount of kit but more comfortably.

Many inner city folks only viable bug out route options are along footpaths, bridle ways and canal tow paths.

Even a porsche carrera cannot outrun a bullet its all down to planning, tactics and luck.

18 July 2012, 22:45,
Your joking. A silent all terrain vehicle, faster than walking and can carry a load as well. Providing you don't intend to bug out far a bike is a very sensible solution.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 July 2012, 22:52, (This post was last modified: 18 July 2012, 22:53 by James Jackson.)
you have to be kidding, Bikes are perfect, light, easy to move, wont get bogged down, dont use fuel, silent, easy to stash and cheap! You can get trailers to fit that will make it easy to carry extra.
If you think bikes are bad wait till petrol prices go up to the degree that nobody can get it
you can use a bike going over the railway lines. As trains wont be running, its a perfect way to travel
18 July 2012, 23:11,
mountain bike is my BOV of choice!...unless its a very large distance in which case i'd go for something else, although i'd still take the bike along as well

anyways yeah....bikes ftw how can you beat it? fueless, silent, all terrain, etc etc Big Grin
19 July 2012, 08:52,
Guys the point is each of us must choose a bug out system that works for our own situations, for some its bikes, other feet, others cars and for a growing number its staying put regardless.

19 July 2012, 09:02,
in the event of the roads being blocked we will be bugging out by bicycle, that why we bought 2 nearly new bikes and get out on them as often as possible, in the event we can travel 3 times as far and 3 times as fast on a bike than we can walking.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 July 2012, 10:03,
Oddly enough i just bought my son his first adult mountain bike from halfords last night, 18 gears (OK 6 gears and 3 ratios) front and rear suspension and disc brakes all round !!! Not bad for £129, bought him a gell seat as an extra.