Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is everything so bloody expensive
18 July 2012, 11:53,
Why is everything so bloody expensive
I keep looking at getting a small 125 cc bike to keep in the back of the van and to use as a local hack but by god the prices of even used bikes is insane !!

I fancy a little Suzuki Van Van 125 because of its utilitariand design but they start at over £3000 new when Suzukis own 250 Hayabusa road bike is only £3400, And the prices of 2nd hand ones is no better.

And what happened to stuff like Honda CG125s etc they have all vanished you used to be able to pick up low mileage ones for a few hundred quid.

I may have to sell off even more of kit kit and tools just to find staying mobile !!!

18 July 2012, 11:56,
RE: Why is everything so bloody expensive
i think its because kids these days dont want anything second hand not even bikes so the S/H market has dried up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 July 2012, 12:03, (This post was last modified: 18 July 2012, 12:04 by 00111001.)
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...?logcode=p
18 July 2012, 12:08,
just gotta know where to look and be prepared to do a bit of work, its good if you got lots of young biker mates, they all sell between eachother and spread news of good deals, but if you want something cheap its pretty much garunteed you'll need to work on it a bit Tongue

try ebay, trawl it daily, look at used bike sites, there are plenty, sooner or later you'll get a crackin deal Smile
18 July 2012, 12:30,
I had a Yamaha tw 125. Was the same as the van van. I picked that up second hand for about 1700. There is a lot of cheap copy crap Chinese stuff kicking about so most people keep hold of stud since its seemed more valuable to just keep than sell for hardly anything. My bike gets 40-55mpg ish... But it's an American vtwin 1200. I'd like a small trials bike like a dt 125 for kicking about on too, but I have no garage. Like others have said, keep an eye out in supermarkets for sale boards especially now students have finished uni etc.
18 July 2012, 12:58,
Basic economics mate. Everyone is looking at buying second hand so the prices go up. New bikes come down until they get to a stage where people at the top range decide they may as well buy new.

Such is the price for living in rip off britain.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 July 2012, 13:01,
plus this country dosent make anything anymore, we are in a global economy, its cheaper to import, everything we buy is either made in China, Hong Kong or Tiawan!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 July 2012, 14:10,
Is it a good idea for you to be popping wheelies and doing donuts on a motorbike in your current condition squire? Remember you need a CBT now too (although that's just not falling off whilst doing a figure of 8 round a couple of cones) for which you will have to pay somewhere in the region of £100!

Although if it's a PSHTF only method of transport you don't need to worry about that, or insurance etc.
18 July 2012, 14:11, (This post was last modified: 18 July 2012, 14:11 by NorthernRaider.)
I dont need a CBT got a full licence for bikes, cars, vans and trucks.
(18 July 2012, 13:01)bigpaul Wrote: plus this country dosent make anything anymore, we are in a global economy, its cheaper to import, everything we buy is either made in China, Hong Kong or Tiawan!

Know what you mean I noticed AJS bikes for sale again, but they are all made in China.

18 July 2012, 14:15,
(18 July 2012, 14:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: I dont need a CBT got a full licence for bikes, cars, vans and trucks.

Oh yeah, I forgot you're old Tongue
I can't even legally tow a trailer! That didn't stop me towing a 28foot caravan. Although I did crash it into a concrete post Blush

I need to do mine, even though I raced motorbikes as a kid. Begrudge paying that amount just for a piece of paper that says you can make the bike move without toppling off.

I'm trying to find a cheap quad. Used to have a 300cc Honda Big Red when I was a little 'un. Great fun, harder to fall off. Although it does hurt considerably more when you do manage it.