Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just seen this quote on shtfplan.com
19 July 2012, 10:50,
just seen this quote on shtfplan.com
I thought this was very apt and is the place we should all strive to be at, if your not already there pony up and get on with it!!

"I realize one can never be fully prepared, but I am comfortable with where I am at and done for now. Food, water, heat, light and of course, protection. I’m done worrying about what will happen and when. When and if the SHTF I will deal with it then. Best thing to do now is stay as informed as possible on a daily basis. Time to refocus on living and enjoying the fruits of my labor knowing of course I and my family have a better chance than 99% of the population of making it through to the other side. What will await us there I don’t know but we are as ready as possible. No point in fretting to much over all the shit I can’t control".
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 July 2012, 11:19,
RE: just seen this quote on shtfplan.com
Oooer the dreaded complaceny bug has got him, no of us ever is fully prepped and for anyone to claim is folly, but some folks do have substantial preps in place (wish I was one) but we all know about sods law, and it dictates that when ever we think we are comfy something will jump up and bite our asses. and my asses dont like being bitten.

Be alert because lerts dont get caught out.

19 July 2012, 12:43,
NR,

Seems to me like he is where he wants to be. All prepped up and now laying back and cruising.

There is only so much you can do and when you get there isn't it a good idea to lay back and relax a bit?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 July 2012, 12:47,
trouble with sitting back and relaxing is taking your eye off the ball, something happens and you get bitten on the arse.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 July 2012, 12:58,
(19 July 2012, 12:43)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR,

Seems to me like he is where he wants to be. All prepped up and now laying back and cruising.

There is only so much you can do and when you get there isn't it a good idea to lay back and relax a bit?

Yup I agree, i think thats what i said ?, BUT as much as a good relax and destress is for our mental health and welllbeing the point I was trying to make it its THEN when sods law strikes.

Sods law is not ( now whatch me get humiliated by facts) going to set off that tsunami, zombie plague, WW3 when you are stood there right in the middle of checking your BOB.

Sods law means that its when you are laid out relaxing on the beach that one of your kids shouts " Daddy the sea has suddenly gone out" , Or your sat in a fooking massive traffiic jam with your fuel gauge reading nearly empty when the radio annouces that mass riots have broken out across the country.

19 July 2012, 13:36,
I think we must consider a time when we reach a time when enough is enough, there has to come a point when we can say we are prepped, I don't think "WHAT IF or a Might HAPPEN LIFE" is the way to go, there should come a point of what we do that is near enough where we need to be.

We cannot survive everything but we can just make it so the odds are at least a little in our favour.

I hope I can soon say I am ready, because I have seen a few preppers die online and nothing happened other than the shtf of natural death, for me this is ok because I consider prepping something we hand down to our children this is why I do it, but yes I want to feel I am ready 95% and have that little 5% that keeps the preps ticking.

I am not 95% ready in case this is read wrong.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
19 July 2012, 13:42,
You are jumping to an extreme here. I'm not suggesting you don't think about things just that you relax stop buying things but keep rotating stock and live a little but still keep your eye on the ball so you don't get caught out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 July 2012, 13:57,
I'm about 20% effectively prepped I reckon, so a few dozen more books, more bottled gas, few cords of fire timber, a Frontier stove, another younger vehicle, a working prepper radio network, and about another £5K of kit and I'll ese back a bit.

19 July 2012, 13:58,
I'm fine until I turn the radio on or read the internet news.
Luckily we don't have a TV so at least we don't get bombarded from that source.

I'm sensible enough to know that I can't cope with everything and broke enough to know I can't afford all the equipment and training I'd like to have. Even if we did both get trained to Ray Mears and McGyver quality, a simple accident or a kid with a blade may be enough to wipe us both out. Sh^t happens.

Keeping an eye on things MAY give me the edge but the problem is more of being able to decode the cr^p that pours out of the media more than anything else.

At this moment I'm too busy worrying about what new maggot will crawl out of the governments collective brain cell.
We are so close to financial death that every day is just too tiring to worry about what may happen. Our current prepping consists of valuing all our "chattels" for when it all goes to hell.

Until then, We're having as much fun as we can safely afford.

19 July 2012, 14:05,
(19 July 2012, 13:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: You are jumping to an extreme here. I'm not suggesting you don't think about things just that you relax stop buying things but keep rotating stock and live a little but still keep your eye on the ball so you don't get caught out.

No I am done SD, well soon I will be, I have decided that I am no longer going to live this life style I have created, I have in place a goal and then that will be the end of it.

Of course I will use the experience of what my survivalism has taught me and prep rotation is now a natural thing not something I class as out of the norm, hope that makes sense, (wetancold and make sense asking to much right) to reach a stage of professionalism is when we make the things we know look easy almost like they are ticking over by themselves.

Now I am off to do part two of my daily training, so I don't get a fat ass talking all day on a computer, 1: is this prepping by making myself fitter or 2: is this just living the normal life people live day to day it’s all in the mind of the beholder.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ