Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just seen this quote on shtfplan.com
21 July 2012, 16:01,
RE: just seen this quote on shtfplan.com
(19 July 2012, 15:30)WetandCold Wrote:
(19 July 2012, 14:49)Skean Dhude Wrote: W&C,

What we all aspire to.

Except for the exercise bit of course in my case.

SD

If it helps SD I was 22 stone in February and by end of May I reached 18 stone, bear in mind I am of big frame, but 4 stone in just under 3 months and I eat and drank so no starvation/water weight loss here.

My new goal is 16 stone by Xmas and then 15 and a half and at this stage I will start weights again something I have not done in many years, I was always very active in life training arts of many sorts, I just let middle age take over and I lost the plot for 10 years. (also I took injury from a moped crash and a fight)

Great to hear mate! Little tip though - don't wait for the weights Smile
Muscle is metabolically expensive ie. it burns calories just to exist. 1lb of muscle adds 50-100 calories to your basal metabolic rate (the amount of calories you would burn in a day at rest).
Muscle is your best friend when trying to lose FAT (which is what you should be focusing on, not weight which can consist of muscle, water and even bone density).
This is why I die a little inside every time I hear of people starving themselves to lose weight. They lose muscle, which just makes their job even harder and forces them to starve themselves further to keep losing weight because their metabolism drops through the floor.

Don't focus on weight. Focus on health, strength and body composition. If you get those right, your weight will naturally be exactly where it should be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: just seen this quote on shtfplan.com - by HunterNurturer - 21 July 2012, 16:01