Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the water stops ( article)
20 July 2012, 09:39,
When the water stops ( article)
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/systemic-r...s-flowing/

20 July 2012, 16:29,
RE: When the water stops ( article)
This is why it's a good idea to have an O.S. map of your surrounding area that shows where there are wells and natural springs!
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
22 July 2012, 11:29,
(20 July 2012, 16:29)Armoured Gideon Wrote: This is why it's a good idea to have an O.S. map of your surrounding area that shows where there are wells and natural springs!

Unfortunately most of these are very well known amongst the local community.

I live close to an area famous for it's natural springs and know the area well, but I also know that these springs often have queues of people even when there's no water shortage. If the house taps stopped working there would be huge numbers of people descending on these springs, and following the crowd is not the place I want to be...
22 July 2012, 11:32,
when we lived in Glastonbury there was always a queue for the spring water that came down from the Tor.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2012, 16:20,
Realistically though, where are you going to get water from if the pipes run dry?
As for city dwellers there are always the rivers?
London (Thames), Liverpool (Mersey), Bristol (Avon). Yeah right!
Londoners should be ok though as all their water has been recycled an average of 6 times before it "escapes". Sort of puts a new dimension on the phrase that "all water has been passed by the management" doesn't it?

Living in the country doesn't help. We've got field drainage ditches all round us all flowing into the River Witham. A lovely cocktail of animal effulent and fertilizer flows down them.
Add the 11 towns further up stream from us. No way!!!!

Lakes? The two gravel lakes near us have water skiing and jet skis every weekend.
Still if you draw water from deep enough it might be treatable enough.

So what's left? Put down bore holes. We could but with everyone in the village using "private sewage" i.e. cesspits, I REALLY don't think so.

Rain water. It's not raining!!!!!!!!!!! It was , now it's not.
We've got three 50 gallon barrels collecting the rain. 150 gallons total.
Should last what, a month? It's not the quantity though, after a while all barrel water goes stale.
Problem is it's coming into summer. Less rain and loads of sun shining onto our barrels.
Heat, dark, and untreated, the perfect place to make Algae.

22 July 2012, 17:32,
norfolks so flat you can dig 4 foot deep hole anywhere and befor your done its full of water
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 July 2012, 19:01,
plenty of wells and springs in this area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2012, 11:37,
I can just wander to the sea. Or the Hamble. Or the Itchen.
23 July 2012, 11:56,
hell its so rainy in england, just set up a system of tarps to both catch rainwater and use the sun to purify it!

a bit like a solar still but different, ill try and post some tests and images of what i mean
23 July 2012, 12:13,
(23 July 2012, 11:37)00111001 Wrote: I can just wander to the sea. Or the Hamble. Or the Itchen.

Hope that doesn't mean you're going to drink sea water!