Oil lamps
21 July 2012, 07:35,
Oil lamps
http://www.hurricanelamps.co.uk/oil_lamps.htm

Great range of emergency long term lighting
Failure is NOT an option
21 July 2012, 10:13,
RE: Oil lamps
i like the old STORM lanterns, none of this pumping stuff like with Tilleys and i can't abide the hissing noise they make, nice and simple is my motto, with these lanterns you just light the wick, lower the glass and hey presto you have light, their very cheap on ebay( get the ones with the wicks not the imitation ones with candles inside).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 July 2012, 10:18,
The price of Tilleys is obscene these days but the cheaper imports have not yet quite caught up in terms of quality, AND more importantly I can only find very basic supplies of parafin or the roughest order, I never see the high quality stuff any more, Soot city man Smile

21 July 2012, 10:21,
i can buy Paraffin in my local garage!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2012, 00:13,
The majority of the cheap oil lamps I see are poor quality. It is worth searching out well made robust examples and they are much safer too. I have been thinking about getting one of those 3000 year old design oil lamps, like the ancients used to have. I was holding a few originals last week but I would want a modern replica for real use. Now thats simple!! :-)
22 July 2012, 09:25,
I use heating oil (No. 2 Heating Oil) in my hurricane lamps.
Have done for years.
At 50p a liter, you can't go wrong.
After all it's just rough grade diesel fuel without any additives.