Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window shutters
24 July 2012, 11:34,
Window shutters
I already have pre-cut boards that screw inside and out to my windows in case of. But i was thinking of welding up some steel shutters to fit over the windows. The slats would be small enough to see out and have quick release fastners on the inside in case of an emergency.
What do you guys think of this?.
Failure is NOT an option
24 July 2012, 11:47,
RE: Window shutters
wood love to have that but not my house
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 July 2012, 18:28,
How about something like this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002Q...T2C4U4Q7HE

Little more inconspicuous than steel shutters.
Post-SHTF if I'm walking down a road (urban or rural) looking for property to raid, the house with the steel shutters is gonna look like a high value target
24 July 2012, 19:07,
(24 July 2012, 18:28)HunterNurturer Wrote: How about something like this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002Q...T2C4U4Q7HE

Little more inconspicuous than steel shutters.
Post-SHTF if I'm walking down a road (urban or rural) looking for property to raid, the house with the steel shutters is gonna look like a high value target

thanks very much will look in to thatSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 July 2012, 12:08,
Laminating film is good at stopping the passing crims from gaining entry, but what I like best is those folding french bifolding internal shutters either louvred or solid to replace courtains with. A vicarage near here kept getting burgled and so the local joiner made up some solid timber hinged french window shutters which massively improve security. The joiner says he has made up quite a few sets for rural properties and farm houses and on at least one house the timber shutters are overlaid with 1 mm steel sheeting painted to match the woodwork.

Total light black out, good noise reduction and excellent security all in one.

25 July 2012, 18:44,
thats a great idea NR, whilst the laminating film is certainly a superb idea for those wishing to be entirely inconspicuous, those shutters are a superb idea, ill have to look into those Smile