Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush Plasters
26 July 2012, 02:26,
Bush Plasters
so i was thinking (as usual) about survival, and i like to think about when the supplies run out, so if you cut yourself and had no plasters, what do? cut a sliver of your shirt off? wrap it in string? well personally i would use birch polypore!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-p...the-woods/
26 July 2012, 07:35,
RE: Bush Plasters
I don't use plasters now. Good old saliva to clean it and then atch what I touch. It is a good point though. After an event I may not have an option but to touch things that would be bad with a cut, even a small one.

You can't store plasters for too long either. They lose their stick too quick.

So it really is down to tree sap, or similar, or bandages, imo overkill.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 July 2012, 08:10,
i totally agree! i hardly ever use plasters myself, and usually only to stop myself picking the scabs xD or if its bleeding alot Tongue but using birch polypore is great cause its got antibacterial properties! so it'll help stop those wounds getting infected as well ^^ so not only is it good for simple plasters but larger pieces can be used as part of a dressing for a more substantial wound Smile
26 July 2012, 10:39,
(26 July 2012, 08:10)Hrusai Wrote: i totally agree! i hardly ever use plasters myself, and usually only to stop myself picking the scabs xD or if its bleeding alot Tongue but using birch polypore is great cause its got antibacterial properties! so it'll help stop those wounds getting infected as well ^^ so not only is it good for simple plasters but larger pieces can be used as part of a dressing for a more substantial wound Smile

Use honey to stick it down. Helps with infections. Seaweed is good too.
26 July 2012, 11:13,
well after a bit more reading apparently its best not to put a cut finger in your mouth! as you mouth is full of bacteria, so its not encouraged Tongue
26 July 2012, 12:35,
Spagnam moss!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2012, 13:40,
at first i thought you were just gibbering xD then i wiki'd it! pretty cool stuff^^

"These bogs have also been used to preserve food. Up to 2000-year-old containers of butter or lard have been found."

pretty awesome huh Big Grin
27 July 2012, 00:38,
We need to remember what kills the bad germs also kills the good, a bleed out and scab is best, and do not pick it as it is the shield to protect, (I know easy said than done) anyway using parts of foreign object runs its own risks, but of course sometimes it is a case of better than nothing.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
27 July 2012, 11:42,
good point WnC i think the main use for such plasters is to stop the bleeding by applying pressure and let the scab form properly....and in my case to stop me picking the bloody thing xD i think a survivalist who does first aid and such like should follow the principle of darwinian medicine....e.g. we get a high temperature and feel rubbish to overcome the illness, and supressing these reactions with drugs whilst making it easier to cope with, also slows how fast your body overcomes it!.....i guess the best thing to remember is our reactions to injuries have evolved over millions of years, and all we got is a few hundred years of aiding such processes....and while in alot of cases this is beneficial more often than we realise its better to simply let such things run its course.
28 July 2012, 07:42,
(26 July 2012, 12:35)bigpaul Wrote: Spagnam moss!

There's a firm in the UK that grows spagnam moss and processes it for chemical burn treatments.
Apparently it's great at wicking chemicals off the body without abrading the skin or more importantly breaking any blisters.