Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon criminalizes permaculture; claims state ownership over all rainwater
31 July 2012, 16:15,
RE: Oregon criminalizes permaculture; claims state ownership over all rainwater
Over here we get charged because they have to take away or waste water. You can't get away with id because the rain has to go somewhere. If you can prove you capture 100% of it and none goes outside your property you get an exemption. It is impossible to prove.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 August 2012, 07:30,
(31 July 2012, 16:15)Skean Dhude Wrote: Over here we get charged because they have to take away or waste water. You can't get away with id because the rain has to go somewhere. If you can prove you capture 100% of it and none goes outside your property you get an exemption. It is impossible to prove.

Nope, did it in Hampshire. all my rainwater goes into a soak away as far as the council is cincerned and I get a rebate as a result. something like 50 quid a year I think...
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 August 2012, 07:56,
this is the sort of thing that makes me lose all hope for humanity and civilisation, thank god you guys are here to keep me believing at least a little bit....at least we're not all totally insane!