Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to the bigots amongst us
26 July 2012, 13:54,
RE: to the bigots amongst us
(26 July 2012, 13:52)Lightspeed Wrote: Can't say I've seen any bias against younger members on here?

Its a free forum. Good on SD for keeping it like that.

Everyone's free to participate, lurk, or go elswhere as they see fit.

Its a shame when someone leaves a group, but that's life, they are free to do so. TOV was only being polite in saying good bye and explaining her reasons to the people with whom she's interacted for a considerable period of time.

Bye TOV, hope you'll be back sometime.

LS

yeah right! no bias here, im not even 19 yet Tongue....sure people can be dicks, but thats totally normal Tongue

and i dont see why tof's gentle goodbye shouldve turned into some sort of personal affront, if her comments were aimed at anyone it was me, but i held my tongue as i didnt want to disrupt her goodbye Tongue
26 July 2012, 13:57,
(26 July 2012, 13:54)Hrusai Wrote: yeah right! no bias here, im not even 19 yet Tongue....sure people can be dicks, but thats totally normal Tongue

and i dont see why tof's gentle goodbye shouldve turned into some sort of personal affront, if her comments were aimed at anyone it was me, but i held my tongue as i didnt want to disrupt her goodbye Tongue

Ah, well, it's all your fault then, young whipper snapper. Away with you at once.
26 July 2012, 14:01, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2012, 14:06 by Prepper1.)
This is not aimed at anybody in particular just in general.
I'm not asking anybody to change their views or beliefs, just think about the way you say things to others.
After all manners cost nothing.
If you don't agree with somebody's post, fine that's your right, but whats not your right is to be nasty about another's views or beliefs.
So some of us distrust the government to a high level and are willingly called conspiracy theorists, some of us aren't.
I however do not disparage others posts for not believing the theories.
Its one thing to have a laugh and a joke but its another to be nasty with what you write.
Were all supposed to be grown ups but half the time the replies to some posts are downright childish.
Yes I've been particularly outspoken today and pointed out what I saw as injustices to younger members, if some of you aren't bothered by some of the way people reply to posts on here than that's no problem.
I can just see the forum going down a path that I don't like just as Tof said in her post.
So I feel the need to speak out also.
I don't want anybody to be personally insulted by what I've written today, just have a look at yourself and if the shoe of intolerance fits maybe have a look at yourself, me included.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
26 July 2012, 15:06,
Well its not often I get miffed but I am today so here goes, Conspiracy theories have bugger all to with mainstream prepping, theres plenty of fringe forums like ABOVE TOP SECRET for the tinfoil hat brigade. If you want to do conspiracies then keep them to the conspracy section that SD kindly provided ( after he was rectally probed by greys working for the NWO), or ATS.

BIG CHUNK OF RANT DELETED

This forum is either a prepping and survivalist forum, of which until recently it was the absolute best on the web, OR its going to go the same way as ATS and other forums and become just another place for the weird and wonderful to gather and post.

Excessively moderated forums are aplenty as are conspiracy forums like ATS, I would like to see at least this one focus on solid hard core prepping and self reliance.
Time after bloody time I've said that in 99% of situations we have NO CONTROL over the cause and so we should remain focused on what we can control and thats the preps and planning.
We nearly lost one of our most valuable assets in the fopr of W & C only a short while ago and other solid members have often expressed some concern at the peaks and troughs that sometimes cause dissent.

I'm dead easy going I've already been banned from most other forums for wanting to remain solid on target and hardcore prepping focused, so If I get banned again I'll just accept it as par for the course. But I want to be part of a PREPPING community not a PARANOID one.

26 July 2012, 15:17,
(26 July 2012, 15:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: Well its not often I get miffed but I am today so here goes, Conspiracy theories have bugger all to with mainstream prepping, theres plenty of fringe forums like ABOVE TOP SECRET for the tinfoil hat brigade. If you want to do conspiracies then keep them to the conspracy section that SD kindly provided ( after he was rectally probed by greys working for the NWO), or ATS.

BIG CHUNK OF RANT DELETED

This forum is either a prepping and survivalist forum, of which until recently it was the absolute best on the web, OR its going to go the same way as ATS and other forums and become just another place for the weird and wonderful to gather and post.

Excessively moderated forums are aplenty as are conspiracy forums like ATS, I would like to see at least this one focus on solid hard core prepping and self reliance.
Time after bloody time I've said that in 99% of situations we have NO CONTROL over the cause and so we should remain focused on what we can control and thats the preps and planning.
We nearly lost one of our most valuable assets in the fopr of W & C only a short while ago and other solid members have often expressed some concern at the peaks and troughs that sometimes cause dissent.

I'm dead easy going I've already been banned from most other forums for wanting to remain solid on target and hardcore prepping focused, so If I get banned again I'll just accept it as par for the course. But I want to be part of a PREPPING community not a PARANOID one.

I kind of see where you're coming from, but take the Aurora shooting thread as an example. Are you saying that we'd need a post in the news section for it, and another post, pretty much the same, in the "tinfoil hat" section that has links to another side of the story?

Again, there's the phrase "conspiracy theory" - A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

So the above doesn't affect your prepping etc? Just because it doesn't seem likely / viable, doesn't mean it's not actually true.

It might just be me, but I want to see all the possible information available on a subject in one convenient place. If that place has stuff I'm not interested in, or don't like, then I won't read those bits.
26 July 2012, 15:32, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2012, 15:37 by NorthernRaider.)
(26 July 2012, 15:17)00111001 Wrote: .

I kind of see where you're coming from, but take the Aurora shooting thread as an example. Are you saying that we'd need a post in the news section for it, and another post, pretty much the same, in the "tinfoil hat" section that has links to another side of the story?

OK I'll bite and my painkillers are working Smile

A nutjob who lives in the US bought 4 guns and 6000 rounds of ammo and went to the cinema and slaughtered dozens of innocent people.

Issues raised are
1 Is it likely to happen again
2 Will it happen here
3 What can we do to avoid becoming victims at such events
4 What preps for said situation should we take.

5 So where does the conspiracy theory bit fit in?, I'm not talking about criminal conspiracies by terrorists or extremists cos that is a proven fact of real life. It the conspiracy theory garbage that comes out that its Obamas henchmen behind it to pass anti gun laws, or its the gun lobby trying to boost sales, or its the nazis trying to drive out an ethnic group, or its a bunch of religous nuts who see Batman as a threat to Christianity?

Items 1 to 4 we can do something about to prepare for or mitigate against, Item 5 we cannnot even prove exists never mind do anything about.

Survivalism and prepping is about making things safer and more secure for our families in the real world, NOTHING is served by creating fear, paranoia or dissent over hypotheticals or unproven theories AND even if Someone found out the President was an alien working for Haliburton and sponsored by the NWO what on earth can we REALISTICALLY do about it.

Its solid hard, CONFIRMED real time inteligence from MULTIPLE independant news sources we need.

Gotta go now the Pyramider Satelite is overhead and they probably are watching us !! Smile
It might just be me, but I want to see all the possible information available on a subject in one convenient place. If that place has stuff I'm not interested in, or don't like, then I won't read those bits.

Binary old chum Smile theres DOZENS of conspiracy forums and bloggers out there, including ATS which excels at unfounded paranoia, but there are VERY few solid hard core prepping and survival forums and even fewer that focus on the British Isles. Cant we have just one forum that stays in the real world or is that to much to ask?
Ladies, Gents and Aliens, here a song just for you Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

26 July 2012, 15:42,
(26 July 2012, 15:32)NorthernRaider Wrote:

OK I'll bite and my painkillers are working Smile

A nutjob who lives in the US bought 4 guns and 6000 rounds of ammo and went to the cinema and slaughtered dozens of innocent people.

Issues raised are
1 Is it likely to happen again
2 Will it happen here
3 What can we do to avoid becoming victims at such events
4 What preps for said situation should we take.

5 So where does the conspiracy theory bit fit in?, I'm not talking about criminal conspiracies by terrorists or extremists cos that is a proven fact of real life. It the conspiracy theory garbage that comes out that its Obamas henchmen behind it to pass anti gun laws, or its the gun lobby trying to boost sales, or its the nazis trying to drive out an ethnic group, or its a bunch of religous nuts who see Batman as a threat to Christianity?

Items 1 to 4 we can do something about to prepare for or mitigate against, Item 5 we cannnot even prove exists never mind do anything about.

Survivalism and prepping is about making things safer and more secure for our families in the real world, NOTHING is served by creating fear, paranoia or dissent over hypotheticals or unproven theories AND even if Someone found out the President was an alien working for Haliburton and sponsored by the NWO what on earth can we REALISTICALLY do about it.

Its solid hard, CONFIRMED real time inteligence from MULTIPLE independant news sources we need.

Gotta go now the Pyramider Satelite is overhead and they probably are watching us !! Smile

Ah, see, that's where we differ. I want to know WHY too. And WHO could ultimately be behind it.
1 - 4 I've covered whilst reading it.

True, there are many conspiracy sites (godlikeproductions used to be the best one) and very few UK prepping sites, but I don't see the issue with conjecture or links pertaining to the possible motive / instigator too Smile
26 July 2012, 15:53,
My issue is that lets says Mr and Mrs Joe Q Average have a long talk and realise they need to start prepping and planning and they want to intereact and share solid sensible information with other families and individuals. So they arrive here eventually and as well as seeing top notch authors like LS, W & C, TL, UKS giving higherly professional advice and articles, then they come across the NWO / GREY/ GLITTERATI section !!! many I believe are going to think " Oh hell I dont want to get involved in that " and leave.

We have enough trouble seeking acceptance in mainstream society without getting associated with the tinfoil hat crowd, I can respect and accept their viewpoint, BUT WHY does it have to be on the only solid foundation based survivalism and prepping forum we have ?

26 July 2012, 15:59, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2012, 16:11 by 00111001.)
(26 July 2012, 15:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: My issue is that lets says Mr and Mrs Joe Q Average have a long talk and realise they need to start prepping and planning and they want to intereact and share solid sensible information with other families and individuals. So they arrive here eventually and as well as seeing top notch authors like LS, W & C, TL, UKS giving higherly professional advice and articles, then they come across the NWO / GREY/ GLITTERATI section !!! many I believe are going to think " Oh hell I dont want to get involved in that " and leave.

We have enough trouble seeking acceptance in mainstream society without getting associated with the tinfoil hat crowd, I can respect and accept their viewpoint, BUT WHY does it have to be on the only solid foundation based survivalism and prepping forum we have ?

But at least they've been presented with ALL POSSIBLE explanations etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in 99.9% of these conspiracy theories, but I have either obtained more information than I started with, or I've had a giggle in the process.

So are you saying that SD should do away with the "controversial news" section?
And the humour section isn't really prep related either.

IMO there needs to be something else on here apart from 100% prepping. I thought the way it is at the moment was a good format to be honest. I like to be able to ask advice, maybe offer some of my own, have a giggle and get the old grey cells working at the same time. This site provides all of the above. If I wanted to go to a 100% prepping site then I'd hit up one of the US ones and touch myself whilst looking at all the toys they get to play with.
26 July 2012, 16:12,
(26 July 2012, 15:59)00111001 Wrote: .

So are you saying that SD should do away with the "controversial news" section?

No because he has already made his open to all viewpoint perfectly clear and I respect that 100%, but if i had my way I would not have one.