Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bicycle generated power
27 July 2012, 16:39,
RE: Bicycle generated power
i guess its mostly down to what do we need it for? some people wont need any electricity Tongue

i guess the main things you'd want in the long term would be, lighting, radio, charging batteries, kindles, possibly laptops.

most of the stuff you'd need power for would be for entertainment Tongue unless in the long term you take to scavaging and start to set things up like electric pumps for drinking water from springs, or irrigation for land, or even power storage....yep thats right eletric pumps for power storage!...so batteries have a finite lifespan right in my mind i'd set up a reservoir high up and then any excess power generated after a battery is full, will pump water up into that resevoir, then when you need the power from it, you slowly release it through a pipe with a generator inside, then the water would push it and makes you some nice electricity Big Grin...to be honest you could probably achieve a similar sort of thing by having some piping aimed at a wind turbine, the jet of water would push it round making more poworz :~P

i guess its hard to have cohesive ideas on seperate things without considering the whole picture, i think that most of us probably do that...you gotta know enough about each thing to know whats viable and then also know what your working towards and how you'd do it, then highlight issues and come up with solutions like this to fix them Tongue

maybe we should start some threads discussing the bigger picture, realistic setups for your new wilderness home Tongue because its all very well and good having the knowledge to survive short term, but i think the point of prepping is not to simply survive scavenging and hunting and moving aruond for the rest of your days, alot is to get where you need to be to build yourself a home, not just a place to live.

Messages In This Thread
Bicycle generated power - by Skvez - 27 July 2012, 14:58
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Hrusai - 27 July 2012, 15:07
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Lightspeed - 27 July 2012, 15:29
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Hrusai - 27 July 2012, 15:41
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Lightspeed - 27 July 2012, 16:14
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Skvez - 27 July 2012, 16:17
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Lightspeed - 27 July 2012, 16:30
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Hrusai - 27 July 2012, 16:24
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Hrusai - 27 July 2012, 16:39
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Skvez - 27 July 2012, 16:51
RE: Bicycle generated power - by Hrusai - 27 July 2012, 16:53