Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By George he has done it (Crossbow again)
30 July 2012, 20:00,
RE: By George he has done it (Crossbow again)
I think it is worse than that. He is trying to walk before he can stand up.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 July 2012, 20:50, (This post was last modified: 30 July 2012, 20:57 by Prepper1.)
I'd find a friendly local vet... most seem better than doctors at fixing stuff.
At the very least they might be able to sort you out with some ketamine.Big Grin
You might end up in some weird sling dangling from a local stable roof, but hey if it fixes your back...Tongue
Did you think on about the crank system that somebody was going on about in a previous post?
You know the medieval crossbow type, maybe something you could hook onto the butt end and crank the bowstring tight.
Slow I know but if it still enables you to function...

AND maybe you could build or have built a ducks foot type crossbow that fires say four bolts at once instead of one to up your firepower??
easy enough to do me thinks.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 July 2012, 21:08,
A "goatsfoot lever" is the next up level of mechanical cocking advantage. After that it is the "Windlass". Info available on the net. NR is just very enthusiastic. :-)
30 July 2012, 21:10,
Take it easy mate.

My cruciates knackered after mistakenly thinking I could still play footie like a 21 yr old.

It isnt getting any better.
Also - opposite cartilage has tear too...if I take the time off work I will lose my job , I have no doubts about that at all , so I manage the best with what I have...any time I push it slightly to try and see if theres any improvement I only make it worse.

Learn your new limitations NR , and adapt to overcome them , I know you can.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
1 August 2012, 10:53,
Looks like we're all in on it now chap. I've got a bulging disc in my back, fucking agony. Especially when you're chasing a 16 month old fat man around trying to catch the little bugger.

I'm currently in a state of bliss that is only derived from excessive diazepam consumption. Doesn't help my back, but i find it a damn site more bearable. Found an osteopath and chiropractor at the gun club, so I now get 50% discount Smile
1 August 2012, 11:26,
damn all these things are why im totally rethinking my entire lifestyle, ive gone from eating junk food all the time to cutting it all out and im easing into regular exercise!

honestly NR take it easy mate, sure there aint osteopaths after an event, but go there, remember what they do and soak up as much knowledge as you can while they help fix you!...this sort of thing aint something you can just "work through"....i'd hide all your crossbows and bows in a safe if i were you!
1 August 2012, 15:24,
I'm really pissed off with Crossbows to a point I think I'll scrap the big Petron Sniper , but keep the 80lb draw pistol bows and just buy myself another long bow or some sort, I'm chomping painkillers and tranqs like smarties and its getting me ANGRY.

3 August 2012, 17:30,
just found this on Amazon: MX-80 80LB Aluminium SELF cocking crossbow RRP£69.99 on sale for £31.99 +£4.99 p&p delivered within a few days.....any takers??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2012, 17:43,
I think the MX 80 is just the Yank branded version of the Cobra mk 2

3 August 2012, 17:54,
(3 August 2012, 17:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think the MX 80 is just the Yank branded version of the Cobra mk 2

OK, it came up on my recommendations on Amazon, thought it might be useful to someone....especially the "self"cocking bit!! not my scene-i'll stick with longbows.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.