Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry bloomin xmas
2 August 2012, 17:53, (This post was last modified: 2 August 2012, 17:57 by Skvez.)
RE: Merry blooming xmas
(2 August 2012, 17:32)bigpaul Wrote: oh well, if your going to mess up my system by going back to bed thats your problem...lazy sod...get up! you've got work to do!!Big GrinBig Grin
As you get older you will discover a tendency to need to get up more than once a night.

Quote:OH has said you could try marking the phases of the moon thats 28/29 days or( is that?) nights.
Recording (and printing out) the phases of the moon for the next 10/50 years would be a worthwhile use of a few pieces of paper. You might struggle to know exactly when a full moon was (especially with cloudy nights) but you'd probably be able to stay within a day or so of the actual date.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
2 August 2012, 18:01,
(2 August 2012, 17:53)Skvez Wrote:
Quote:OH has said you could try marking the phases of the moon thats 28/29 days or( is that?) nights.
Recording (and printing out) the phases of the moon for the next 10/50 years would be a worthwhile use of a few pieces of paper. You might struggle to know exactly when a full moon was (especially with cloudy nights) but you'd probably be able to stay within a day or so of the actual date.

good idea for printing that out!...even laminating it and keep it in your bob....or if you can, making microfiche of it, and carrying a magnifying glass ^^
2 August 2012, 18:26,
(2 August 2012, 17:53)Skvez Wrote:
(2 August 2012, 17:32)bigpaul Wrote: oh well, if your going to mess up my system by going back to bed thats your problem...lazy sod...get up! you've got work to do!!Big GrinBig Grin
As you get older you will discover a tendency to need to get up more than once a night.

yes, i know all about getting up in the middle of the night( its called being over 50!) i meant when you ARISE from your bed in the morning...course you knew that didnt you??Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2012, 06:24,
RE: Merry bloomin xmas
(2 August 2012, 12:51)bigpaul Wrote: winter solstice, May Day, Summer Solstice, Harvest time most of the good events were Pagan in origin.

Spring and Autumn Equinox...
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 August 2012, 08:46,
(3 August 2012, 06:24)Lightspeed Wrote:
(2 August 2012, 12:51)bigpaul Wrote: winter solstice, May Day, Summer Solstice, Harvest time most of the good events were Pagan in origin.

Spring and Autumn Equinox...

dittoBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2012, 11:23,
Anyone got a copy of that document or anything that can be used here?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 August 2012, 14:11, (This post was last modified: 3 August 2012, 14:14 by Skvez.)
(2 August 2012, 18:26)bigpaul Wrote: yes, i know all about getting up in the middle of the night( its called being over 50!) i meant when you ARISE from your bed in the morning...course you knew that didnt you??Tongue
BP.
Some people have very fixed schedules, some don't.
What's been observed with 'castaways' is that they tend to get up, do a little work (collect food, milk a goat if they have one etc) then they still feel tired (because they were up a few times in the night, possibly not sleeping well) so they take a short nap. No reason not to, no schedule to keep or boss to shout at them. Then when they get up later that day they can't remember if they've marked today off or not.

I can see us getting up a few times in the night to check out that noise after an event and keep 'odd' hours resulting in wanting to nap in the mornings when we have the free time (sleeping is a great way to save food energy too).

-----

All the full moons until 2050:
http://www.fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon-cal...-2050.html
3 August 2012, 14:21,
(3 August 2012, 14:11)Skvez Wrote:
(2 August 2012, 18:26)bigpaul Wrote: yes, i know all about getting up in the middle of the night( its called being over 50!) i meant when you ARISE from your bed in the morning...course you knew that didnt you??Tongue
BP.
Some people have very fixed schedules, some don't.
What's been observed with 'castaways' is that they tend to get up, do a little work (collect food, milk a goat if they have one etc) then they still feel tired (because they were up a few times in the night, possibly not sleeping well) so they take a short nap. No reason not to, no schedule to keep or boss to shout at them. Then when they get up later that day they can't remember if they've marked today off or not.

I can see us getting up a few times in the night to check out that noise after an event and keep 'odd' hours resulting in wanting to nap in the mornings when we have the free time (sleeping is a great way to save food energy too).

-----

All the full moons until 2050:
http://www.fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon-cal...-2050.html
oh, you're just taking the wee-wee now!!
3 August 2012, 14:23,
Excellent resource the full moon calendar.

Can someone compile the next 50 years list into a simple document and post it here to share with everyone??

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 August 2012, 14:41, (This post was last modified: 3 August 2012, 14:41 by Skvez.)
LS,

I'll try and pull the data together and post. (Might not get the time until later today).