Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilderness gathering PMR446
3 August 2012, 13:30,
Wilderness gathering PMR446
Just posted this under meetings area...

I'm looking to attend the Wilderness Gathering on Saturday 18th.

If I make it, I'll be packing a PMR446. Anyone looking to chat or to meet face to face will find me on ch6 CTCSS 25

Maybe this could be the SUK general radio meeting place?

A personal ident proptocol also possible. If anyone who wants to play with this, please PM me.

LS

Anyone carrying CB? Please start anotherthread to arrange dates, times and channels.

Cheers

:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 August 2012, 13:41,
RE: Wilderness gathering PMR446
BP has already made very great efforts to ensure the WG becomes our defacto primary annual gathering point, and I'm desperate for this to be the case as well, Wether i like it or not its true most preppers live darn sarf and the WG is well established and respected where as the BC show keeps moving venue.

Saturday is also the " generally" accepted meeting day for us ( cos thats when BP and I went last year Smile )

Can I suggest CB Ch 19 is the calling channel for CBers, and PMR 446 ch 7 ctcss25 is the other type.

3 August 2012, 13:50,
(3 August 2012, 13:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: BP has already made very great efforts to ensure the WG becomes our defacto primary annual gathering point, and I'm desperate for this to be the case as well, Wether i like it or not its true most preppers live darn sarf and the WG is well established and respected where as the BC show keeps moving venue.

Saturday is also the " generally" accepted meeting day for us ( cos thats when BP and I went last year Smile )

Can I suggest CB Ch 19 is the calling channel for CBers, and PMR 446 ch 7 ctcss25 is the other type.

Why Ch 7 Ctcss25 not Ch6 CTCSS25 NR? Is that a typo or do you have areason for a different channel?

LS

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 August 2012, 18:44,
I havent got a radio so anyone trying to find me at the WG will have to LOOK for me, but i shouldnt be hard to find (just think ZZTop or Hagrid!!)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 August 2012, 18:59,
(3 August 2012, 13:50)Lightspeed Wrote:
(3 August 2012, 13:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: BP has already made very great efforts to ensure the WG becomes our defacto primary annual gathering point, and I'm desperate for this to be the case as well, Wether i like it or not its true most preppers live darn sarf and the WG is well established and respected where as the BC show keeps moving venue.

Why Ch 7 Ctcss25 not Ch6 CTCSS25 NR? Is that a typo or do you have areason for a different channel?

LS

Oops typo, sorry Ch6 Ctcss 25, Silly me.

3 August 2012, 19:19,
Is it true, there are more preppers in the south than in the north? I find this hard to believe, considering preppers are spread across the World and the internet likewise??

I will not be carrying a handheld PMR or CB, so I presume bio optics will have to do.
3 August 2012, 20:14,
might be more southern preppers on this site, but i reckon its a fairly even distribution overall!

hopefully ill be getting that uv 5r for my birthday so i should have enough time to learn how to use it before the WG...otherwise ill just search for hagrid xD....i know i wont be hard to miss, ill wear my hair down, its just a huge furry signpost!....although i'll probably wear my huge black army parka, another nice and distinctive thing for recognition Smile