Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
5 August 2012, 10:29, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2012, 10:38 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
(5 August 2012, 10:18)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: Mount a 1/4, 1/2 or 5/8 wave, end fed dipole, on a 10metre FIBRE GLASS NOT CARBON FIBRE roach pole. Look up Tuned Transmission Line Trap antenna (T2LT) antennas for simple home brew antenna. Drive ground spike into earth, bungee the pole to a fence or tree for extra support.

I thought you'd given up on comms NR? Smile

For myself I have, but theres not just me to consider, we are a community and we must continiously look at ways of helping each other.
(5 August 2012, 10:19)Lightspeed Wrote: NR,

you really do not let the grass grow do you???

The fastest temporary antennas for CB will be an end fed wire.

METHOD
15m to 20 of paracord with a sand filled water bottle on one end. Throw bottle over branch approx 7m high...paracord will follow.
Tie approx 6m of wire to end of paracord via small DIY insulator
Connect Wire to one of these (onto one of the wing nuts) see attachment.
If you are using the same piece of wire each time tuning will be pretty much in place anyway. But slight fiddling may be required.

Time to erect and get on air less than 5 mins.

Any good?
Ha ha, BoB beat me to it.

Pretty much the same thing 1/2 wave vertical. No counterpoises needed.

her version is pre-tuned but needs the fishing rod support.

My proposal will need tuning due to influence of nearby branches etc.

LS

That design just does not cut it for me, it could be ideal for someone else, for example if I follow you chaps advice on broadcasting from hilltops etc, we up her theres almost no trees on the hilltops, and if I move to one of the few spots that is wooded its poor opsec.
Paracord, Sand filled water bottles, throwing 7 meters etc, OK perhaps in some situations but not in a security concious situation.

Try and imagine using a long Mag Mount, on a smallish plate that can SIT on the ground and does not require being driven into the ground, four GP radials just fold down or are clipped to the plate. A small battery from something like a house alarm box, CB handset with built in SWR meter all pretuned and perhaps being transported in a rucksack and plastic tube.

Aint got time to let the grass grow complacency kills preppers Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ?? - by NorthernRaider - 5 August 2012, 10:29