Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
5 August 2012, 11:08, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2012, 11:12 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
I was thinking of something ultra compact and man portable that would live in a back pack, 4 hinged pieces of 1 mm steel hinged togther to fold out to make a GP, plonk a Mag mount already SWRed onto it, connect to a rig and power by a small 12 volt battery. Compact SILENT to deploy, easy to conceal, quick to set up and in my case IDIOT proof Smile

Like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/7716071974/
(5 August 2012, 10:55)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: but that's the thing isn't it with both comms and prepping in general NR ... each individual has to evaluate their own situation as SD is always saying. My comms solutions and LS's will not work for you but for many others it might! i have researched as much as possible and experimented to find the best for me because that is who I'm prepping for. Have you tried experimenting with your proposed solution? It sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more about your results as one day I may find myself on that kind of terrain.

I'm glad you're still here in the comms thread NR Smile

Yup and just so long we have some very talented Radio geeks like Paul and LS I will constantly wrack both my brain cells for ways of tapping into their expertise , then I will buy em some drinkies and hiopefully they will forgive me. BUT at the end of the day they have Knowledge and expertise that is desperately needed, and I want it documenting Evil Laugh and rubbing hands together Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ?? - by NorthernRaider - 5 August 2012, 11:08