Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
5 August 2012, 19:01, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2012, 19:26 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
Good stuff Neddy, with one correction though all UK market CBs are set at 4 watt huge numbers are multi band standard and can very easily be increased in power often by snipping one wire or bridging two doofahs. Theres hundreds of videos on You Tube about power mods for CBs sold in the UK. Smile
Eg Many of the Intek models can be very quickly set up to put out 20 watts and a few 40 watts on both 10 and 11 meters
Ned the info needs to be got out and in a simple, efficient and reliable methods that a new or even last minute member of the prepper community can acess the iformation they need quickly and get on the air without any faffing about, IE Plug and Play broadcasting basically. I ask questions to get the replies on the forums and into the archives and then those who want rigs etc can make choices simply Smile.

Its still all grossly fiddly for me though Smile I'll wait until someone brings out something like the PMR 446 Intek 50 50 with a BNC aerial socket already fitted, Still not bothering with CBs though but the info is useful to have.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ?? - by NorthernRaider - 5 August 2012, 19:01