Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free maps.
5 August 2012, 13:35,
Free maps.
just found this on another site, it allows you to print off your own maps without having to sign up: http://maps.the-hug.net Cool
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2012, 13:54,
RE: Free maps.
Good find, thanks.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
5 August 2012, 16:41,
Excellent - I've been searching for something similar.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
5 August 2012, 17:05,
(5 August 2012, 16:41)The Local Ned Wrote: Excellent - I've been searching for something similar.

yes, so have i, i found all the other sites you either have to sign up or their too involved for a computer newbie like me, like i say i came across this on another site i keep tabs on(NR knows the one i meanBig Grin)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2012, 23:22,
ive been using google upto now myself, and whilst google eearth and google maps certainly have their strengths (scouting out roads and all sorts of things) its not very useful to print out!

althoough i do find this interesting

"As Ordnance Survey complain to us whenever users exceed the 65000 tile a day limit they've imposed on us we've now brought a new map server online which we switch to when that limit is exceeded.

You have collectively used 66548 tiles today so we are now using that server and it will remain online until midnight.

This server serves the same tiles as the OS OpenSpace server for large scale maps but for 1:50,000 it uses a combination of data released by Ordnance Survey under their OS OpenData programme for the mapping and contours along with path data from the Open Streetmap project to produce tiles which we can legally serve to you without quota restrictions.

If you find that unsatisfactory for your needs please try again tomorrow."

....so make sure you get there early to look at the small scale maps! im having to wait an hour or so before i can go and do some good route planning and exploring.....i love the route feature, just middle click and you can set up routes on the map!
6 August 2012, 18:45,
@Hrusai ...If you can't print the maps off google maps (I've never tried so don't know if they have an option to print them) press the button on your keyboard that says print screen then open up "paint" go to file... Paste... Then you'll have a screen shot of the map you want... Crop the bits you don't want and resize to your preferance (minding pixalation of course) then you can print it
6 August 2012, 22:01,
(6 August 2012, 18:45)Ukprepper88 Wrote: @Hrusai ...If you can't print the maps off google maps (I've never tried so don't know if they have an option to print them) press the button on your keyboard that says print screen then open up "paint" go to file... Paste... Then you'll have a screen shot of the map you want... Crop the bits you don't want and resize to your preferance (minding pixalation of course) then you can print it

printing off google maps is easy enough, even if its just print screening it, but google maps always lacks the detail! thats more what i meant, os maps are always better, of course the satellite view is very useful! but it doesnt show the contour lines and major features clearly Tongue

cheers anyway dude ^^
7 August 2012, 09:36,
Ah gotcha, I prefer OS maps too but then I do tons of walking so I regularly walk off the map lol... I get mine from waterstones as they are buy 3 for 2 in there
7 August 2012, 11:52,
i dont think this site would replace OS maps, i just thought you could print off your local area map(s) and then you could mark on them where all the goodies are located (for after TSHTF), they are printed off small enough that this wouldn't take up much room.....anyway thats what i thoughtBig Grin
7 August 2012, 14:22,
(7 August 2012, 11:52)bigpaul Wrote: i dont think this site would replace OS maps, i just thought you could print off your local area map(s) and then you could mark on them where all the goodies are located (for after TSHTF), they are printed off small enough that this wouldn't take up much room.....anyway thats what i thoughtBig Grin

definately a good idea! using resources like this and google maps together can make for some quality scouting without having to get off yer bum Smile....its also good to survey possible BOL's to see just how remote it is!