Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal flu outbreak in Australia
5 August 2012, 17:22,
Fatal flu outbreak in Australia
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-04/fl...es/4176850
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2012, 09:13,
RE: Fatal flu outbreak in Australia
scarey stuff
6 August 2012, 16:56,
lets hope it dosent come this way but in the era of mass travel i'm not holding my breath.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2012, 20:33,
So how far and how fast could this travel ? a threat ?
6 August 2012, 22:18,
theres other more pressing bacterial and viral strains out there Tongue but i dont think this is will be a threat to us, just make sure to stay tuned, any reports of this strain of flu in any other country, or spreading quicker and amongst more people, is a surefire sign it could be very bad....but personally i dont think theres any reason to worry ^^...influenza is a well documented virus and there are plenty of highly effective drugs to combat it, so any new strains could be quickly and efffectively targeted, its the more unknown viral and bacterial diseases that could be a problem, if they have are contagious enough and have a high enough rate of mortality you'd have a serious problem on your hands, especially if its viral as opposed to bacterial as there are many antibiotics that will kill almost any bacteria. but to synthesise a vaccine for a totally new strain would take a long time, sure usual restrictions and testing would be pretty much bypassed if the threat was real enough, it could still possibly take months years or even longer!