Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivy
6 August 2012, 08:25,
Ivy
If you are prepping your bug out zone at the moment and it has plenty of trees close together, How about putting some wire mesh up and planting some climbing Ivy, Mesh can be placed between the trees to make an ivy wall, This will hide your bug out zone perfectly, I suppose this will attract birds also which could be a food source for yourself and family?
This could be a barrier against the wind too?
6 August 2012, 09:19,
RE: Ivy
interesting idea and cheaper than camo nets
6 August 2012, 09:29,
exactly what i thought! very cool idea, and depending on what you use a scaffold for the ivy, will blend in perfectly Big Grin

i'd probably get some thin strips of bark and then some bendy green branches that are very thing, then lash them together with the bark strips and make a net of twigs, providing a nice natural scaffold for the ivy to grow on ^^...definately a cool idea
6 August 2012, 10:00,
could try planing willow with the ivy (or a little before ) as the willow grows it could be bent to create a support for the ivy and give extra cover with its foliage!
6 August 2012, 10:07,
this is actually a really good idea, making me think of all sorts of things, for example, if time is no issue, you could make a round house, then plant trees (or just buy some half grown ones) all around the house in a circle, with willow inbetween the biggertrees, then ivy growin like a fence....would be the ultimate natural camouflage!
6 August 2012, 10:12,
thats simular to what i was thinking but instead of a round house i was thinking some type of cabin conventional house or even a caravan
6 August 2012, 16:50,
you could also use pea netting.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 September 2012, 22:01,
Interesting thread,
This might not be any use, but in the military chicken wire is used quite a bit for making hides and op's as a way of holding up natural cammo or making a space under dense undergrowth, force your way under then push out with the chicken wire to create space.
19 September 2012, 22:02,
(19 September 2012, 22:01)T-oddity Wrote: Interesting thread,
This might not be any use, but in the military chicken wire is used quite a bit for making hides and op's as a way of holding up natural cammo or making a space under dense undergrowth, force your way under then push out with the chicken wire to create space.

hmmm interesting, ive got some exceptionally densely overgrown areas in my garden and always wanted a way to go through them without destroying them so i could use it, but not others, am going to have to try this i think Smile
20 September 2012, 10:45,
that's a really good idea, if you wanted a more permanent barrier you could wattle a wall together and cover that with camo netting and evergreens.

I'm trying to think of ways to close off and hide a site entrance on a small road where the hedges break.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.