Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
6 August 2012, 18:38, (This post was last modified: 6 August 2012, 18:46 by Nemesis.)
We get a lot of news stories and other of the like, I was thinking would it not be wise to have a new header in the news section but more serious, where a member would only post after checking the data thoroughly, and also this would be for immediate or near enough threat to us in UK.

Few case of flu in another country does not qualify, a possible threat due to Olympics being held in UK does not qualify, even possible floods in UK (area name) does not qualify, keep these to the other news section, but pandemic happening (area of world) hundreds dead and count rising, is something we should All watch, even aliens are in orbit around earth would count, you get it Russia invades Europe so on.

So it would look like this, and rules would be in place no room for laid back approach for this section.

Only post in this section after you have checked and then triple checked the information, DO NOT POST UNLESS WE ARE AT RISK.

Just an idea, what do you all think?
Here is a thread BP made:

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=2300

It is clear he is watching this story and put it on the board for us all to be aware of it, this is still general news, but we are all aware of it, if it takes a turn for the worse and let’s say reaches pandemic stage, this is when we would post in RED ZONE.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
6 August 2012, 21:57,
RE: RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Great idea WnC, about time we had something like this to put the Real threats Smile....lets hope its never used!
7 August 2012, 08:15,
Fab idea, It's good to know what's going on regarding flu outbreaks etc but if it comes our way....BY ALL MEANS...RED ZONE AWAY PLEASE Smile
9 August 2012, 07:43,
just to be clear, are we using this thread to announce these things, or are we just tagging threads with RED ZONE - <whatever news here>
9 August 2012, 09:25,
Nobody follows rules on posting in these areas anyway. I've been moving items from news to controversial news since it went in. My guess would be that this would be just another news area for Really Controversial news and that was what the controversial news section was about. All you are talking about is renaming it and setting up some rules around it.

I really don't see the point. Two news areas are enough.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 August 2012, 09:54,
I agree with SD, no bugger sticks with the right headers anyway.

9 August 2012, 10:06,
I have only been using the site for 2 weeks, still finding my feet, think I have the headers sorted now, I think I may have been guilty of putting wrong topic under wrong headings Sad My bad? Sad
9 August 2012, 10:13,
(9 August 2012, 10:06)Prepaday Wrote: I have only been using the site for 2 weeks, still finding my feet, think I have the headers sorted now, I think I may have been guilty of putting wrong topic under wrong headings Sad My bad? Sad

dw prepaday, its all good, different places all need adjusting to, forums aint no different Smile tbh i did the same, once you found your feet your fine Big Grin
9 August 2012, 10:38,
We all find our way to the right places eventually, even SD gets it wrong, he put up a post yesterday about bulk buying Maize but it was set up so no one could reply !!! Smile

9 August 2012, 12:42,
(9 August 2012, 09:25)Skean Dhude Wrote: Nobody follows rules on posting in these areas anyway. I've been moving items from news to controversial news since it went in. My guess would be that this would be just another news area for Really Controversial news and that was what the controversial news section was about. All you are talking about is renaming it and setting up some rules around it.

I really don't see the point. Two news areas are enough.

From your own comments the way it is now is not working, and yes I am suggesting put rules around this header, lose the other controversial news header and replace with this, everything can go in general news but real threat and backed by user digging deeper to check their source should rid all the non-starters and fantasy stories.

Last time I looked we are adult and should at least be able to understand basic rule: (Only post in this section after you have checked and then triple checked the information, DO NOT POST UNLESS WE ARE AT RISK.)

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ