Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11 August 2012, 09:37,
RE: RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(10 August 2012, 23:05)Hrusai Wrote:
(10 August 2012, 17:24)Skean Dhude Wrote: We are hit by asteroids on a regular basis and survive. One day a bigger one will hit. If it isn't survivable then we have gambled and lost but if it is then I, and many others, will be ready. Most of our prepping coveres most risks anyway.

and if it happens i wish you the best of luck my friend, live and prosper for all of us that perished.

but hopefully it wont come to that ^^

i do think when the event comes it is more likely to be man made!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 August 2012, 09:42,
(11 August 2012, 09:37)bigpaul Wrote: i do think when the event comes it is more likely to be man made!

i think you right, although of the natural disasters solar flares and asteroids are very high up!

as for manmade events i think nuclear war is fairly unlikely, chemical war is more likely, and the most probable cause for a total collapse of society and humanity as we know it will be a specifically engineered virus Tongue

maybe we should brainstorm and write a list of possible events and try and rate them for liklihood?...it would probably help us with our preps as well Big Grin
11 August 2012, 09:57,
I think nuclear war is a bigger threat now more so than during the cold war.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
11 August 2012, 10:05, (This post was last modified: 11 August 2012, 10:07 by NorthernRaider.)
(11 August 2012, 09:57)WetanCold Wrote: I think nuclear war is a bigger threat now more so than during the cold war.

I disagree, I think the risk of a DIRTY bomb rather than a fission or fusion bomb is much more likely today. There was millions of nukes around in the 70s and 80s and some of them were briefcase sized or small artilary shell sized, but fortunately most of them have been scrapped. BUT there is now many hundreds of kilos of radioactive material missing from processing plants across the world not to mention the full sized nukes the Yanks and Ruskies LOST during the cold war.

I feel Osama Bin Trade unionist getting hold of something like a few pounds of Semtex and a lump of radioactive material and making a dirty bomb is far more likely. No mushroom clouds but the target area is HOT and uninhabitable for a very long time.
Overall my greatest fear for our future lies not with Islamists or IRA , or even our own EU / Uk govts, I think its most likely to be the Merkins who cause the next big war, every time they have economic troubles at home they find a foreign country to blame and attack it.

11 August 2012, 10:23,
im not sold myself, although i do agree a dirty bomb is much more likely than an actual warhead, its far far too easy to do

although an engineered virus is a big worry of mine, if done right it could wipe us all out before we knew it, theres this thing called quorum sensing, and its a way by which a bacterial or viral population can ensure it infects a good portion of a population before becoming active, essentially it works via chemical signals, and once a certain chemical reaches a certain concentration, then the virus or bacteria "know" to activate, so feasibly 10% of the population of a city could become infected before anyone starts showing symptons Tongue....not to mention there really is mind control bacteria....for instance theres one called toxoplasma and its target host is a cat, so it tends to infect humans and mice (humans as a remenant from when we were hunted by big cats) and basically what it does is it makes your brain release large amounts of dopamine whenever you take a risk, like crossing a road dangerously, or going somewhere you could get attacked by a predator, so in essense this parasite will make you very rash and brazen and affecting your behavior, with some designed tweaks to such a virus it wouldnt be a giant leap to make it inactive until it reaches a certain population concentration and also change how it modifies your behavior, like making you very very very angry (somewhat like 28 days later).....now most of this sounds very unlikely, and it would be hard to do, it is possible, and for me thats a very very scary threat.

but yes the yanks will almost undoubtedly cause the next war, and they'll be proud of it, like school children breaking someones science project.
11 August 2012, 11:25,
dont get me started on the bloomin' Yanks, they were 2 years late for the last 2 world wars and only joined in when they could tell which side was going to win, that and so called "friendly fire" in Gulf war 1 and 2, the only reason these days they get involved is so they can control the oil supplies, they're not interested in democracy or human rights its all about getting control of the oil. The American "republic" is on its way out..and they know it, China is coming up on the rails fast and they will be the next super power.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 August 2012, 11:30, (This post was last modified: 11 August 2012, 11:32 by NorthernRaider.)
(11 August 2012, 10:23)Hrusai Wrote: although an engineered virus is a big worry of mine, if done right it could wipe us all out before we knew it,

Why go through all the trouble, cost and expense of messing around engineering viruses or plagues?, All Al Quadea have to do is infect a couple of people with Ebola Niger or Ebola Ziare give them a passport and an Oyster Card send em to London and tell em to spend their days riding the tub, buses and eating in fast food resteraunts. Give it a weeks and hundreds of thousands copuld be infected.
You can see why old gits like BP, SD and myself dont do cattle transporters better known as Tubes or Buses.
Did you know theres a company in Japan who cars are misted with anti septic after every days work ?, can you imagine the jooy of finding even one clean black cab in Londonistan?

11 August 2012, 11:37,
i havent been on a bus for at least 8 years, i was last on a tube/train in 1977, i always remember the flu advert..you know..the one where the guy sneezes and the germs fly down the bus? ugh?? thats why i dont do public transport, also how do you bug out without your own transport?? i want to be in control of my own destiny and you cant do that on public transport.
11 August 2012, 12:01,
i dont go on buses either i hate them Tongue
never been on the tube, only been on like 1 train and it was when i was a babyTongue
public transport sucks Tongue

and the point of going to the trouble and cost to engineer a virus is to increase lethality, chances of infection, speed of infection spread and to actually be able to control where it goes, a smart virus could be coded to die out after dividing a few hundred times, giving it an area of effect, rather than just spreading willy nilly all over the place, making it more like a bomb, one that'd be more targeted more certain, and wont make a sound or a bang Tongue....as well as if your the one to make it, you'll be the one to make a vaccine at the same time, but making a vaccinne or cure for an engineered virus would be incredibly hard, you'd have to start from scratch, whereas existing things like ebola are much easier (comparatively) to treat Tongue