Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10 August 2012, 09:49,
RE: RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(9 August 2012, 12:42)WetanCold Wrote: DO NOT POST UNLESS WE ARE AT RISK

Then there won't be any posts? At risk from what? Unless there's something that directly affects me personally then I don't consider it a risk. Say there's an avian flu outbreak, that could be classed as a risk, but I've got things to mitigate that, so it's not a risk/worry to me.

It's all subjective I suppose
10 August 2012, 10:16,
Everyone evaluates risk differently.

The risk may be very small but we are still at risk. Personally I am likely to ignore it but we are prepping for risks that are even less likely such as asteroid impact etc.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 August 2012, 14:17,
(10 August 2012, 10:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: we are prepping for risks that are even less likely such as asteroid impact etc.

Are you? That's one thing I'm not prepping for. If it should occur I'll be with my family on the beach waiting for the wave Big Grin
10 August 2012, 14:22,
(10 August 2012, 14:17)00111001 Wrote:
(10 August 2012, 10:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: we are prepping for risks that are even less likely such as asteroid impact etc.

Are you? That's one thing I'm not prepping for. If it should occur I'll be with my family on the beach waiting for the wave Big Grin

really? i would've thought you'd want to survive any situation, no matter how dire, personally once i have enough money and am in a position too im going to be getting ready for everything, upto and including nuclear armageddon, an asteroid impact and all sorts of other earth shattering events....hell if i ever get the money and time to do so, ill be building myself a rocket and a moonbase, even if the earth is uninhabitable, i'll make damned sure i can carry on till such a time that its habitable once again, as unlikely as it is and it sounds, someone somewhere will've prepared for it, and i intend to be that somebody one day.
10 August 2012, 15:14,
(10 August 2012, 14:22)Hrusai Wrote:

really? i would've thought you'd want to survive any situation, no matter how dire, personally once i have enough money and am in a position too im going to be getting ready for everything, upto and including nuclear armageddon, an asteroid impact and all sorts of other earth shattering events....hell if i ever get the money and time to do so, ill be building myself a rocket and a moonbase, even if the earth is uninhabitable, i'll make damned sure i can carry on till such a time that its habitable once again, as unlikely as it is and it sounds, someone somewhere will've prepared for it, and i intend to be that somebody one day.

Any significant asteroid impact would be the end of all of us. Most of us straight away, the rest due to choking dust / radioactive particles and lack of light.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm gonna go, I wanna go out with a bang. This could be the biggest bang - so I'll be riding it all the way home.
10 August 2012, 15:32,

fuuny that, as i've always wanted to survive too at any cost come what may, i want to be the last human being left alive on planet earthBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 August 2012, 15:52,
(10 August 2012, 15:32)bigpaul Wrote:

fuuny that, as i've always wanted to survive too at any cost come what may, i want to be the last human being left alive on planet earthBig Grin

Don't get me wrong - I'm much rather survive, but if we're talking ELE then I want myself a front row seat with a load of popcorn and plenty of boobs
10 August 2012, 16:14,
hell if its an event where theres is a true 0% chance to survive, ill be out there partying, shagging and taking anything i see like theres no tomorrw, because there wont be xD

but if theres even a 0.00000000000001% chance i can make, i wont stop, i will live forever or die trying.

damn BP you'll have to fight me for that opportunity!
10 August 2012, 17:24,
We are hit by asteroids on a regular basis and survive. One day a bigger one will hit. If it isn't survivable then we have gambled and lost but if it is then I, and many others, will be ready. Most of our prepping coveres most risks anyway.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 August 2012, 23:05,
(10 August 2012, 17:24)Skean Dhude Wrote: We are hit by asteroids on a regular basis and survive. One day a bigger one will hit. If it isn't survivable then we have gambled and lost but if it is then I, and many others, will be ready. Most of our prepping coveres most risks anyway.

and if it happens i wish you the best of luck my friend, live and prosper for all of us that perished.

but hopefully it wont come to that ^^