Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Gun Good News 1 new ammo
11 August 2012, 12:30,
Air Gun Good News 1 new ammo
For those wishing to maximise the velocity of the pellets leaving the barrel or their air guns you could try the new Thunderbolt ammo made by the people who gave us Promethiyus air bullets and Defiant alloy pellets.

The new THUNDERBOLT pellets are made from ZINC instead of lead which makes them very light, but it also means when they are fired from a legal 12 ft pound air rifle they are going at over 1000 feet per second compared to the norm of around 800 FPs.

11 August 2012, 13:19,
RE: Air Gun Good News 1 new ammo
(11 August 2012, 12:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: For those wishing to maximise the velocity of the pellets leaving the barrel or their air guns you could try the new Thunderbolt ammo made by the people who gave us Promethiyus air bullets and Defiant alloy pellets.

The new THUNDERBOLT pellets are made from ZINC instead of lead which makes them very light, but it also means when they are fired from a legal 12 ft pound air rifle they are going at over 1000 feet per second compared to the norm of around 800 FPs.

i use Defiant pellets and am very happy with them, but i was told by my gun club not to use Promethyus pellets cos they foul the barrel and you have to spend a lot of time cleaning out the bore.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 August 2012, 19:44,
Found the same bigpaul.
A lot of the pest controllers I know have tried Prometheus pellets and found the same yellow shavings in the rifling I did. They also suffered from wind drift being so light.

Pure zinc might be light but in the field, rain, wind, what sort of grouping and impact power will they have?

A point to remember though folks. There is no perfect universal pellet.
What will work extremely well in one barrel will scatter in the next.

12 August 2012, 09:06,
I use Defiants in both a BSA Meteor and a Weirhauch 95, both are happy with this pellet and both use the large size(there are 3 sizes) .22 pellet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 August 2012, 10:07,
i use defiant in my hw77 18 grain slow but hit hard at sub 12 fp
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 August 2012, 10:11,
I used 5.52 defiants in the BSA Ultra they were superbly consistant.