Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeaters ( Ham) locations and coverage maps
16 August 2012, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 16 August 2012, 18:13 by The Local Ned.)
RE: Repeaters ( Ham) locations and coverage maps
Thanks guys - as I've said before - I know exactly what I need and want - others may not , and they may be looking into a wideband scanner as a halfway house solution - i.e not wanting to meddle in anything other than CB , but with a desire to receive PMR and other broadcasts in other bands. I will be buying a couple of baofeng 888s as personal comms , and later on a uv-5r as a makeshift prtable/base solution.

I quickly made a wee DOC to give an idea what I mean , please dont knock it - it was done in under 10 mins LoL.
(16 August 2012, 17:45)The Local Ned Wrote: Thanks guys - as I've said before - I know exactly what I need and want - others may not , and they may be looking into a wideband scanner as a halfway house solution - i.e not wanting to meddle in anything other than CB , but with a desire to receive PMR and other broadcasts in other bands. I will be buying a couple of baofeng 888s as personal comms , and later on a uv-5r as a makeshift prtable/base solution.

I quickly made a wee DOC to give an idea what I mean , please dont knock it - it was done in under 10 mins LoL.

Just had a look at that kenwood - excellent piece of kit there , only downside I see would be relying on it too much - killing it would lose your comms and your mobile scanning capabilities in the one go ?
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repeaters ( Ham) locations and coverage maps - by The Local Ned - 16 August 2012, 17:45