Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review Barnett Banshee Quad Compound bow
14 August 2012, 22:42,
RE: Review Barnett Banshee Quad Compound bow
(14 August 2012, 22:34)Paul Wrote: I'd like to invite NR to write us a little brief on the basics of bows and arrows.
Including useful things like:
Selecting Arrow length for body height.
Nocks, draw points, silencers, arrow care, arrow tips, how to store a bow, restringing a compound bow, expedient bow strings, sights, etc.
Hows about it NR?

Why me? I'm no expert on archery ??
FYI for selecting your draw length IIRC you put your arms out to the side and measure from finger tip to finger tip then divide by 2.5 to get your draw length.
Nocks are just nocks as far as i am aware though there are dozens listed on the web, just go for the simplest and most reliable would be my guess.
Arrow tips (heads) guys like W & C and BP tell me the screw in types are the best cos you can swap em for broadheads after TSHTF
Storing bows dunno, guessing that recurves must be unstrung and kept away from temp extremes, Compound are kept strug but in cases I believe ??
You need a big blooming jig to restring a compound bow but I'm sure theres a way to improvise.
Dental floss wound togther is listed as a makeshift stringing material.

But you need an archery expert for this subject not me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Review Barnett Banshee Quad Compound bow - by NorthernRaider - 14 August 2012, 22:42