Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Free BOV
16 August 2012, 18:41,
RE: The Free BOV
We are saving up to either move out of the U.K or to buy a boat Smile Something we can just put in the middle of a very large river Smile
16 August 2012, 20:11,
soon as i can buy a nice offroad bike that'll my bov!...i know how to make a quick kayak in an hour or 2 if need be (just need bendy sticks, a knife, and a large tarp Big Grin)

http://www.shelter-systems.com/kayak.html

just incase anyone else wants to do it Big Grin...have yet to try though Smile....and depending on the size of my tarp, i could probably adapt the design to carry more as well, that way i could take the bike over water, giving me decent land transport as well as decent boat

hmm i'ma think about this idea more Big Grin

but i do agree, we should all be able to trek on foot with our bobs for at least a week solid and cover 150 miles per week Smile...never underestimate your bodies, those coupled with your brains are the single best assets and survival tools you could possibly have, and its prudent to work on both Smile
17 August 2012, 15:41,
Cheers NR, thats the thing with shtf, even if people dont have a bike and are bugging out on foot, a quick search through some garages and garden sheds (if wrol is in affect) would probably give you something to use as a vehicle, but dont try it tomorrow, the laws still about and i dont want to be blamed for a baton to your noggin