Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Slow Descent - When To Bug Out?
18 August 2012, 14:56,
The Slow Descent - When To Bug Out?
So as most of you will probably agree, the shit may be upon us, but not in a sudden world cracking way, but a series of linked events that spiral ever down toward our oblivion and the collapse of our civilisation.

But when do we bug out?

if an asteroid is about to hit, we'd bug out (hopefully) before it hits, or if no warning is issued, as soon as it does hit! such a sudden event gives us a clear time when we need to bug ou.

But when does too much get too much and we bite the bullet? when martial law is issued? when food prices begin to rise exponentially (now?) when civil unrest is rife and TPTB are at breaking point?

Personally im a bit of a hanger on, i'd like to wait it out for as long as possible before taking a plunge, depending on the event, for me martial law would be it, the second this is declared im gone, and im not coming back until i think its safe (probably monitor radio traffic from my location).

food shortages are in my opinion copable, we can weather them, with our supplies and our skills at growing and hunting, whereas civil unrest, whilst bad is again copable, stay indoors, avoid certain areas and take all necessary precautions to protect your supplies and fend of any burglars or criminals.

whereas martial law and a curfew, this would be significantly harder to cope with, not able to go out safetly to hunt, or to access caches or hidden gardens, civil unrest will almost undoubtedly be occuring at the same time, hell im fairly certain a form of resistance group would rise up, adding yet another danger.

so whats your take on this? wheres you breaking point, when do you bite the bullet and bug out?
18 August 2012, 15:20,
RE: The Slow Descent - When To Bug Out?
Hrusai first of all did you not get the PM? we all at suk have bugged out and are as I type using satellite link in an underground bunker setup few months back, in case the shit hit something, please accept my apologies if I forgot to send you the pm, I am very very sorry my bad, wait! I hear a noise it sounds like the nukes are heading over our safe heads in this bunker, I do hope you survive and wish you all the best.

PS: TOF is baking a cake, NR is making sure TOF does not burn the cake, TL well he is just upset that the cake does not meet his standards, SD could not find the bunker entrance, BP would not fit in so we told him to give it a few months post shtf and try again, but the rest of us say cheers and have a good one...

PPS: Oh wish you was here.
18 August 2012, 15:22,
crap i missed it xD
18 August 2012, 15:24,
(18 August 2012, 15:22)Hrusai Wrote: crap i missed it xD

Don't worry they are a sad bunch you’re not missing much.Angel
18 August 2012, 15:26,
xD still wanna be in a bunker lol

anyways, when would you bug out though? wheres your breaking point?
18 August 2012, 15:49,
(18 August 2012, 14:56)Hrusai Wrote: But when do we bug out?

Erm my family bugged out seven years ago and we are still bugged out, BP is bugged out as well, anyone who can has long since bugged out, that only leaves those who cannot bug out and those too stupid to bug out.

18 August 2012, 15:51,
so your saying that when the time comes your just going to stay put?

personally i think im in a good location far enough away from alot of places, but could always be better, when i can ill be off far far away Tongue but for now i got to stay put xD
18 August 2012, 15:53,
(18 August 2012, 15:51)Hrusai Wrote: so your saying that when the time comes your just going to stay put?

personally i think im in a good location far enough away from alot of places, but could always be better, when i can ill be off far far away Tongue but for now i got to stay put xD

You see now.Big Grin
18 August 2012, 15:55,
im certainly getting there xD....so much more to learn Tongue
18 August 2012, 15:58,
(18 August 2012, 15:55)Hrusai Wrote: im certainly getting there xD....so much more to learn Tongue

Just remember you only need to learn enough you don't need to know everything, enough will or might just get you through it, until the fix.