Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spear gun
19 August 2012, 18:49,
spear gun
i've done some spear fishing not good at it by no mean feat but have had results
you know the drill spear gun mask snorkel cheap suit flippers and basiclly away you go
has anyone else tried it or is there anybody on here that goes regually ?

b/d
29 August 2012, 10:25,
RE: spear gun
(19 August 2012, 18:49)bowdrill Wrote: i've done some spear fishing not good at it by no mean feat but have had results
you know the drill spear gun mask snorkel cheap suit flippers and basiclly away you go
has anyone else tried it or is there anybody on here that goes regually ?

b/d

I used to spear fish regularly in the sea.

Places where there are no divers /spear fishers make for very easy pickings, but fish wise up quite quickly. Changing location regularly is a good idea.

Hone made soft steel rod with a sharp point and large barb, propelled by a length od surgical elastic tube work surprisingly well.

UK south coast is pretty good as water is warmer and there is good visibility. Primary targets are wrass, and flatties. There are lots of mullet about too but they are wary and quick off the mark so very difficult to stick.

A friend used to use this method illegally in freswater lakes. Perch are his preferred target as they are broad sided and easy to hit, and make good eating as they are predatory ( not so muddy tasting as many other fresh water fish)

SPEAR FISHING IS ILLEGAL...take care.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

19 September 2012, 01:10,
Spear fishing Is not illegal ??
Is In fresh water but. Not in the sea ??

Bd
19 September 2012, 11:23,
(19 September 2012, 01:10)bowdrill Wrote: Spear fishing Is not illegal ??
Is In fresh water but. Not in the sea ??

Bd

Yep, you're right, I mis-worded that.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580