Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeds
16 October 2011, 10:00,
Seeds
I am looking for the seeds of Sugar Beet and Oats. If anyone can locate a source please inform me. These should be of use in a survival situation. Kenneth Eames.
21 October 2011, 22:56,
RE: Seeds
hi kenneth
if you find them seeds let me know i can't drink tea without sugar
to win the war, you must be willing to die
22 October 2011, 07:32,
Hello Grumpy, I will certainly let you know when I find them. There will be other things coming your way soon, I am sure. Kenneth Eames.
22 October 2011, 09:06,
I had a look on google and couldn't find anywhere that supplied sugar beat in the smaller quantities we would be looking at, they all seemed set up for selling in large quantities to farms

If anyone does find a supplier who sells in smaller qty's i would be intereted as well
22 October 2011, 16:37,
If there were enough people interested perhaps we could buy and divide it equally. Perhaps you could post websites and we could see what the minimum quantity would be. Its certainly an asset for extracting sugar for preserving, brewing, distilling, etc., and for people with a sweet tooth. Kenneth Eames.
24 December 2011, 15:51,
if you can find a farmer who is planting this crop they will usually sell you some

b/d
24 December 2011, 18:46,
Sugar never goes bad why not buy 20kg sacks? Or am I missing something about sugar beet?
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
25 December 2011, 06:08,
I keep a good stock of sugar but when I've run out in a survival situation, I will need to grow my own supply. Time to buy seed in preperation. Kenneth Eames.
25 December 2011, 11:49,
Sugar beet is used for more than just sugar and is an animal feed. Well worth having on its own.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 December 2011, 12:54,
It certainly is. It can be used to make jam mixed with other fruits. I've heard of it being cooked with fruit as a sweet after a veggie meal. Kenneth Eames.