Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peak oil
22 August 2012, 01:29,
Peak oil
Read this, It was written a few years ago and the guy is spot on...
http://www.famguardian.org/Subjects/Poli...lCrash.htm
22 August 2012, 09:55,
RE: Peak oil
interesting read
22 August 2012, 10:59,
this is fairly old news, according to my research "peak oil" happened back in 2005! interesting what they say about the big "die-off".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 11:55,
It's rather like the magnetic polar shift scenario, global warming, wheat famines, and the collapse of the European Union.
Makes great reading, could happen, should have happened, still waiting.

Personally I'm more concerned about now.
I can't fight a maybe, probably, sometime, or predicted.

22 August 2012, 11:59, (This post was last modified: 22 August 2012, 12:01 by NorthernRaider.)
Peak oil is actually not relivent, its not a case of if we are running out, its a simple matter of no matter how much they dig up and refine most people in the UK can no longer afford it. We could have trillions of barrels of light brent crude hiding under the soil, but if they are going to charge nearly £7 a gallon plus extra taxes forcast who the hell (apart from Nemesis) can afford it.
(22 August 2012, 11:55)Paul Wrote: It's rather like the magnetic polar shift scenario, global warming, wheat famines, and the collapse of the European Union.
Makes great reading, could happen, should have happened, still waiting.

Personally I'm more concerned about now.
I can't fight a maybe, probably, sometime, or predicted.

I note the EU maize crop is now 18% destroyed by drought, thats on top of the devastating droughts affecting Yank, Canuck, Russian, Ukranian and Aussie Wheat and Maize crops.

22 August 2012, 12:12,
Maize & wheat Eh?
So I'm looking forward to price rises coming to a supermarket near all of us soon.
It'll probably double the cost of my favorite custard powder AGAIN!
Dunno why.
I mean, it's personal this is. Aimed specifically at me.
EVERYTHING affects my custard.

22 August 2012, 12:19,
My shredded wheat are going to become decimated wheats before long, instead of a bowl of em for brekkies I'll only be able to eat one, without milk Sad

22 August 2012, 13:01,
(22 August 2012, 12:19)NorthernRaider Wrote: My shredded wheat are going to become decimated wheats before long, instead of a bowl of em for brekkies I'll only be able to eat one, without milk Sad
you could always have toast!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2012, 13:44,
Won't be able to afford the bread.
22 August 2012, 13:46,
(22 August 2012, 13:44)Paul Wrote: Won't be able to afford the bread.

make your ownTongue