Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidity.
23 August 2012, 16:25,
Humidity.
OH has asked me to put this on. we had found that, we think due to the humidity, Dog biscuits(kept in a glass jar) and peanuts for the wild birds(again in a glass jar) have had mould growing on them, had to throw them out and restock. maybe people should check their stocks of pasta and flour, just in case.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2012, 21:05,
RE: Humidity.
That is why we we make sure they are dry and put obsorbers in with them
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 August 2012, 10:05,
yes, sure, but dog biscuits and wild bird food are not "stores" as such and are used and then replaced, so i am wondering why they got mould on them? or were they just bad batches? we didnt have them for a long time so it cant be they were old....i suppose they could have been in the shop for a long time..that we didnt know about?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 August 2012, 11:40,
Mould starts immediately. We generally eat them before we see anything visible so it depends on the environment how quickly it happens.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 August 2012, 11:46,
(24 August 2012, 11:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: Mould starts immediately. We generally eat them before we see anything visible so it depends on the environment how quickly it happens.
ah i see, kept in the kitchen which is small, so hot and steamy at times, i expect thats it then.
24 August 2012, 12:41,
Almost every prep needs to be kept cool, moisture free and dark. Does that describe any kitchen you know? Nor me.
Skean Dhude
24 August 2012, 13:12,
like i said NOT a prep, thats why their in the kitchen and not in the larder, used daily and oftenBig Grin
24 August 2012, 14:42,
I understand. That is still a good lesson to learn though and better with that than with preps.
Skean Dhude