Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike pack.
23 August 2012, 21:55, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2012, 21:56 by Nemesis.)
Bike pack.
Sometimes I read people are planning a bug out on a bike peddle power, well this might be of interest.

[Image: UK_73450_01_b.jpg]

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_..._33881.htm

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
24 August 2012, 05:57,
RE: Bike pack.
very nice
24 August 2012, 06:21,
I already have a similar setup on my Bug Out Bike.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
24 August 2012, 08:06,
Thanks for that Nemesis.

I'm one of those who see a role for the old push bike. Not as a primary vehical by any means but as an extra option if required.

I am still in the planning stages at the moment but the way I see it working for me is to break it down into stages to allow for the loss of various parts of the setup.

My thinking is to have a small lightweight trailer carrying non essential, but very handy bits of kit, followed by panniers, followed by a small backpack, followed by the absolute essentials carried on the person such as lighters/fire steels, puritabs, etc. This setup i hope would allow various parts to be lost, discarded, or stolen but still provide the absolute basics for survival. If you had to lose the trailer then you would still have the most important kit with you, if you had to lose the bike, again you would still have the essentials with you on your person and in the backpack, and if you lost your backpack you would still have the absolute essentials on your person

I probably havent explained that very well but I know what I mean Smile

The main reason I keep looking at the bike is the simple fact that there is no fuel required and they can go virtually anywhere
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
24 August 2012, 11:28,
Oh I wish my back would let up enough for me to restart cycling, wifey and brat have just bought bikes, trouble is its also so bloody hilly round here.

24 August 2012, 11:32,
put the bikes in the van and go somewhere level to start with, you can then progress to more uneven ground as you get stronger and fitter.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2012, 13:34,
Got a set last week,they also come with waterproof cover. Lidl also had some good seats for £10.

Has anyone tried the electric bicycles,would imagine thats handy for going uphill
14 September 2012, 00:44,
The Viet-Cong and NVA used bicycles as load bearers on the ho-chi-minh trail.

For very good reasons.

With todays suspension technology and lighter more rugged frames ,this could be an option if your bug out area involves a fair overland trek , even if they are only used to help bear weight , they can also be useful if you're on paths / trails > to actually do some distance on.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.