Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Tonight 24 08
24 August 2012, 21:22,
TV Tonight 24 08
Sky News at 7.30 was a special report on how basically my generation has left nothing but dispair and debt for the next generation, and the next gen are getting bloody angry.

The moment a child is born today they owe £17,000 in tax !!!

Yup our kids futures have been pissed away in the spending and borrowing boom from 1998 to 2008.

The cities are going to explode into violence sooner rather than later and its not just going to be chavs or ethnics rioting in future, its graduates with £40,000 worth of University debt, no jobs and no chance of getting on the housing ladder who kick off.

If you are a SKY subscriber I suggest you watch it again on the PC, its Geof Randalls special report.

Tother program was on ITN at 8 PM and it explained how , well basically unless you aree fooking rich or a smallholder your food bills are going to go through the roof in the near future AND the quality of your food is going to decline. EG if you used to shop at Tesco or Asda but now shop at Lidl or Aldi well within a few years you wont be able to afford to shop there either. Another billion mouths to feed in the next 20 years, in the UK we have lost 17 ,000 hectares of farmland recently for housing, biofuels etc.

24 August 2012, 21:28,
RE: TV Tonight 24 08
Wooo. Let's donate some money to Africa.
24 August 2012, 21:49,
fuck that, lets move to africa xD
24 August 2012, 21:59,
On a brighter note im watching die hard 2 Big Grin
24 August 2012, 22:01,
(24 August 2012, 21:59)Metroyeti Wrote: On a brighter note im watching die hard 2 Big Grin

i like that film watched that last weekSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 August 2012, 22:04,
Im all out of chlorine! Not seen it for years
24 August 2012, 22:07,
(24 August 2012, 22:04)Metroyeti Wrote: Im all out of chlorine! Not seen it for years

yipeeyayey!!!!Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 August 2012, 22:46,
just weighing in, im watching it too xD

but back to the OP my generation is truly screwed, the enviroments in tatters (not that most care Tongue) the economy is for want of a better word, fucked. and more and more problems are arising, food shortage, lack of employment opportunities, increasing populations, breaking point is approaching and we will be going out with a bang.

thanks for the heads up ill go look for that news on the net!
25 August 2012, 09:22,
all the above are just good reason to prep....if only for rising prices, we've got our basic stores which are rotated and restocked, any more we buy we will only buy at offer and reduced prices.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 August 2012, 10:01,
(24 August 2012, 21:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: The cities are going to explode into violence sooner rather than later and its not just going to be chavs or ethnics rioting in future, its graduates with £40,000 worth of University debt, no jobs and no chance of getting on the housing ladder who kick off.

While I agree with the vast majority of your post, most uni students/graduates I know don't really care about their debt because it doesn't really effect them.
Most student loans don't need to even start being paid off until the person has a job that earns them £17k+ p.a. (or something close to that), and even then they can pay it off at like £5/week or something ridiculously small.
It's not like student debt is forcing people out of their homes or leaving them hungry.

The worry for me is when all these guys who spent years in Uni expecting to come out and walk into a £40k+ job, end up unemployed or working in fast food on minimum wage, as the prices of everything skyrocket around them and they can't even live on their full time wage.
Which is due to happen ooooh... right about yesterday