Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future RZ location in North Yorks or just useful backup BOL
27 August 2012, 21:53, (This post was last modified: 27 August 2012, 21:54 by NorthernRaider.)
Future RZ location in North Yorks or just useful backup BOL
For anyone seriously interested I have found a very remote place that will gladly let us practise archery, cook on open fires, camp in tents or camper vans, Has a fabulous cafe, Toilets, showers etc. Also for those wanting to polish up their skills they also do Abseiling, Gorge Scrambling, Canoeing and Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Caving. It could be an ideal place for an RZ in the north.

Alternatively if you have had to bug out and are looking to add remote locations as useful stop over places this is ideal.

I dont want to sound elitist or nasty but this place is an absolute bastard to get to, I think there is only 1 community bus to Harrowgate a day each way if you are stuck with public transport.
I nearly burnt out my vans clutch and brakes when I came over the top on C roads when reccying the area today.

The instructor led skills course are not cheap either at £50 per subject, but they do do a fabulous 3 1/2 hour long experience of via ferrata, scrambling, rock pool swimming and abseiling.

Please serious comments only if you fancy a hard core preppers RZ sometime in the north east. I'm not trying to put anyone off but to be honest I cannot be arsed with the usual " I'll be there " comments then as time goes by " Soz cant come me mams, gay gardeners labrador has just had puppies"
Respects
Forgot to add if you cannot read an OS Landranger Map to 6 or 8 figures theres no point is joining in this discussion.

27 August 2012, 22:14,
RE: Future RZ location in North Yorks or just useful backup BOL
LMFAO - whats a grid ref ? and how do you orient a map again ?

Thats the SatNavvers scuppered then.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
27 August 2012, 22:27, (This post was last modified: 27 August 2012, 22:28 by NorthernRaider.)
(27 August 2012, 22:14)The Local Ned Wrote: LMFAO - whats a grid ref ? and how do you orient a map again ?

Thats the SatNavvers scuppered then.

Lazy git Smile
You would be suprised just how many people in our community who cannot read a map or use a compass, I reckon they will last a few days after TSHTF cos it only takes the GPS satelite network about 48 hours to get out of sync and become useless Smile

27 August 2012, 22:42,
...map to grid.....

Ahhhh the good old days.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
27 August 2012, 22:58,
And moss grows on which side of a tow bar?
My GPS lies anyway so I'm still a compass and map sort of guy.
28 August 2012, 00:50,
Would be interested... You gonna come this time NR?Big Grin
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
28 August 2012, 09:52, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2012, 09:54 by NorthernRaider.)
(28 August 2012, 00:50)Timelord Wrote: Would be interested... You gonna come this time NR?Big Grin

Cheeky bugger Smile, I've done eleven or twelve so far in the UK, I'm entitled to a sick day Smile
One useful point about this place as an interim BOL is because of the topography if you kicked the sign down at the roadside by the main gate when TSHTF you would never know there was a cafe, camp site etc there.

28 August 2012, 19:45,
Just supply the where & when and it will be on. TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
18 September 2012, 18:14,
Is this one still a possibility or is there not enough interest ?
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
18 September 2012, 19:03,
Is a very valid future location for RVs but its also worth noting it as a temp BOL for yourselves. so far only a few people haver shown any real willingness to do RVs, and of course as motoring gets ever more expensive even fewer folks will be willing to travel.