Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INTERIM BOLs
28 August 2012, 09:57,
INTERIM BOLs
Think I will try a thread listing useful spots and locations that Preppers could overnight at in moderate security, IE places like wild camping spots you can laager up at for a rest if you have bugged out.

Opinions?

28 August 2012, 11:29,
RE: INTERIM BOLs
sounds like a good idea NR
28 August 2012, 13:03,
Good plan NR.
I've been visiting old WW2 sentry boxes and old bunkers in my area for a while now.
None of them are exactly NBC / CBRN proof but mostly way off the beaten track.

I even found an intact cold war prefab buried NBC shelter in a wood by following a bunnie one night.
If I had the time, I'd replace the door and as a BOL it would be perfect.
Only one small problem though, it's on Forestry Commission Land.
28 August 2012, 14:04,
(28 August 2012, 13:03)Paul Wrote: Good plan NR.
I've been visiting old WW2 sentry boxes and old bunkers in my area for a while now.

I even found an intact cold war prefab buried NBC shelter in a wood by following a bunnie one night.

after TSHTF there wont be any Forestry CommissionTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2012, 14:51, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2012, 14:53 by Lightspeed.)

Wow Great find Paul.

Maybe just measure up the doorway and acquire / make a suitable door to keep at home? After breakdown of ROL the forrestry commission aren't about to try stopping you doing anything, are they?
hmm I don't think taht reads right

What I meant was that with a correct sized security door at hand, after a breakdown of ROL you could fit it to the bunker and in so doing make it your own.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

28 August 2012, 15:05,
did try same sort of post mate but had no response only a few of the hard core i was hoping to make contact with people over the country just to have a basic list of shelter and water (springs would be fine ) if and when it was needed
best of luck anyway Smile

b/d
28 August 2012, 15:26,

On of the tricks we used to use when hosting the occasional free party was to find out what lock was being used to secure the door, we would then go and buy an identical one and then during the night hacksaw off the original and replace it with our own.
you tend to find that most security guards just rattle the lock to make sure it is secure and don't bother to check to see if it is still working.
We would then turn up several nights later and using our keys for our lock we would gain access and PARTY !
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
28 August 2012, 15:26,
(28 August 2012, 15:05)bowdrill Wrote: did try same sort of post mate but had no response only a few of the hard core i was hoping to make contact with people over the country just to have a basic list of shelter and water (springs would be fine ) if and when it was needed
best of luck anyway Smile

b/d

Sods law innit BD ?
NR

28 August 2012, 15:44,
(28 August 2012, 09:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: Think I will try a thread listing useful spots and locations that Preppers could overnight at in moderate security, IE places like wild camping spots you can laager up at for a rest if you have bugged out.

Opinions?

I think this is a great idea NR. I know some preppers are worried about opsec and don't like to reveal their 'places' but I'm sure the majority of people would have at least a couple of places that could be used by others.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
28 August 2012, 18:09,
I need a list I will message you and tell you what area I'm near, If you could find me some hidy holes, I would be really grateful Smile