Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting PV panels in gardens ( For nemesis)
30 August 2012, 23:13,
RE: Mounting PV panels in gardens ( For nemesis)
(30 August 2012, 22:14)The Local Ned Wrote: Silly question guys an gals.

Not had any experience with PV panels etc - taken on the basis that the panels work best when angled at the sun - won't this act as a very big heliograph ? I know the post is in regards to a garden based setup , but a lot of us are thinking of using these at our BOL too ?

Query -
You might miss a small wind turbine type power gen device with a casual glance through a tree line , but you won't miss the flash off a PV ? perhaps a form of shield / surround to cut-out the flash from more angles could be req'd ?

Maybe just a point to be aware of when hoisting these things up - do they give off a glare when in direct alignment Nemesis ?

This build is more of an anti-theft, and to protect the equipment, but also allow for some thought regards shtf, i.e. neighbourhood knowing in advance you have solar, could mean later on when/if the country went tits up, could make their way to your home because of panels, and also some thought into a speedy removal of kit.

But for this build it is more so to stop local chav from nicking them.

Glare of course there will be glare, in fact the strip inside the resin is almost mirror like, and then you have the frames, mine are aluminium, although now you can get colour ones, I would have to say if your BOL is a woodland then you are advertising your whereabouts, with solar panels, and in many other type terrains.

But then you already knew that you are more qualified then me to discuss this tactical side of it all.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mounting PV panels in gardens ( For nemesis) - by Nemesis - 30 August 2012, 23:13